LEAD SYSTEMS DESIGNER
Who We Are
Hello! We’re Cloud Chamber: a collaborative team of inspired minds who create games together. We strive to make unique, entertaining, and thoughtful game experiences that engage the world.
We believe in the beauty and strength of diversity, in both the makeup of the studio and the nature of our thinking. Our focus on open communication and overall well-being allows each of us to strive for excellence in our work, and happiness in our lives.
Oh, almost forgot to mention that we’re currently making the next BioShock!! I know, right? Our passion and love for this iconic franchise is what brought us together. The thrill and responsibility of creating the next iteration of such a beloved game is what keeps us going.
What We Need:
We are looking for a dedicated, passionate and personable Lead Systems Designer to join the team. You will be charged with making the next BioShock title. As a Lead, you’ll be one of the standard-bearers for the creative vision of the project, and be involved in shaping the vision for moment to moment gameplay.
Who We Think Will Be A Great Fit:
Our ideal candidate has an innate sense of how game systems connect and enhance one another in an emergent sandbox world, as well as for the player-facing signs and feedback that are required for an intuitive player experience.
- You’ve shipped at least one AAA title as a senior or lead designer, and know what it takes to execute an idea from concept to ship
- You have experience managing process and a history of leading through example. Self-motivation, good communications skills, and a great team-player attitude.
- And of course, we're looking for someone who knows, loves and plays games and cares deeply about pushing the medium forward
What You Will Do:
Our Lead Systems Designer is responsible for the following:
- Interactive world systems and non-AI systemic ecology
- Player growth systems and progression
- Game balance and economy
- Leading relevant multi-disciplinary work pods in the development and presentation of features and prototypes
- Creating feature specifications and curating relevant design documentation
If all of this sounds as exciting to you as it is to us, we’d love to meet you. Join us in creating worlds that move people.