CloudBees is the Enterprise Jenkins Company and continuous delivery (CD) leader. The products offered by CloudBees include: Jenkins Enterprise by CloudBees, Jenkins Operations Center by CloudBees and Jenkins in the cloud - a cloud-based service called DEV@cloud.
We are looking for engineers with a passion for continuous integration (CI) and CD in general, and Jenkins in particular. If you have strong Jenkins experience and would like to take it to the next level, this is a unique opportunity.
By joining CloudBees, you will work hand-in-hand with the elite team behind Jenkins, starting with our CTO, Kohsuke Kawaguchi, Jenkins creator and lead.
We are helping global companies around the world deploy Jenkins-based solutions at large scale. The only way to help customers successfully achieve their goals is to ensure our support team is made of Jenkins specialists who can provide expertise to our customers, with the direct backup of our elite Jenkins engineering team.
Support is a global function at CloudBees. The team addresses customer requests from around the world, although the bulk of requests today come from the US and Western Europe.
Provide software technical support to developers and configuration managers on the CloudBees products. This includes communicating directly with customers via our support portal. This is however, much more than just a “support” position.
- Ability to analyze scenarios of software implementations and provide solutions for problems
- Set correct priorities for ongoing issues
- Work with the CloudBees development team to improve products and/or resolve customer issues
- Work with other software partners to resolve customer issues
- At times, work in high pressure situations such as “customer down” priority scenarios to resolve issues timely and professionally
- The support engineer must be well-rounded in IT skills, the ability to use a wide range of that knowledge at any given time is crucial
- Capable of working in a fast-paced environment
- Bachelor degree in computer science / IT – or – equivalent experience
- Trouble shooting skills with multi-threaded applications (debugging, analyzing a thread dump, troubleshooting
- Jenkins user (setting up release processes, for example)
- Measurable level of experience in multiple operating systems (Windows, Linux, OS X)
- Measurable level of experience with continuous integration. Jenkins experience preferred
- Measurable level of experience with Docker, AWS and Configuration Management tools (Chef, Puppet, etc...)
- Basic knowledge of shell scripting (CMD, KSH)
At CloudBees, we truly believe that the more diverse we are, the better we serve our customers. A global community like Jenkins demands a global focus from CloudBees. Organizations with greater diversity—gender, racial, ethnic, and global—are stronger partners to their customers. Whether by creating more innovative products, or better understanding our worldwide customers, or establishing a stronger cross-section of cultural leadership skills, diversity strengthens all aspects of the CloudBees organization.
In the technology industry, diversity creates a competitive advantage. CloudBees customers demand technologies from us that solve their software development, and therefore their business problems, so that they can better serve their own customers. CloudBees attributes much of its success to its worldwide work force and commitment to global diversity, which opens our proprietary software to innovative ideas from anywhere. Along the way, we have witnessed firsthand how employees, partners, and customers with diverse perspectives and experiences contribute to creative problem solving and better solutions for our customers and their businesses.