CloudBees provides the leading software delivery platform for enterprises, enabling them to continuously innovate, compete, and win in a world powered by the digital experience. Designed for the world's largest organizations with the most complex requirements, CloudBees enables software development organizations to deliver scalable, compliant, governed, and secure software from the code a developer writes to the people who use it. The platform connects with other best-of-breed tools, improves the developer experience, and enables organizations to bring digital innovation to life continuously, adapt quickly, and unlock business outcomes that create market leaders and disruptors.
CloudBees was founded in 2010 and is backed by Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley, Bridgepoint Credit, HSBC, Golub Capital, Delta-v Capital, Matrix Partners, and Lightspeed Venture Partners. Visit www.cloudbees.com and follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook.
WHY THIS ROLE
Guides the team in performing technical management activities.
- Evaluates technical feasibility - whether the product/capability can be built well, in a timely manner, leveraging the right skills and technology
- Facilitates the conditions that allow the team to be successful.
- Facilitates communication and empowers members to self-optimize their processes
- Represents the team to other teams and in weekly scrum of scrums
WHAT YOU’LL DO
As a Staff Software Engineer - Tech Lead Identity Management, you will guide the development team in performing technical management activities.
- Evaluate technical feasibility - whether the product/capability can be built well, in a timely manner, leveraging the right skills and technology
- Facilitate the conditions that allow the team to be successful.
- Facilitate communication and empowers members to self-optimize their processes
- Represent the team in weekly scrum of scrums
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE IS:
…a technical leader. Delivering innovative, evolutionary software is the most important part of this role. You should have a proven track record in being the technical leader for a team in delivering software products from ideation to market to maintenance.
- Implement solutions and propose your own solutions for technical problems.
- Modify and maintain existing systems for adaptation to business and/or technology changes.
- Know now what needs to be done, and do it or ensure it gets done. You will successfully context switch between projects and produce high performing results.
- Create reusable components and frameworks within the Product Development ecosystem.
- Learn requirements from external clients and provide help to pre-sales and post-sales functions.
- Assist with defining development standards for the team and make suggestions of areas to improve high performance.
- Advocate and implement modern software development practices, Lean and Agile thinking.
- Stay abreast and advise on the use of relevant tools, technologies, and development practices.
- Serve as an escalation point for technical issues, concerns, conflicts.
- Model creative thinking and innovation and find creative ways to grow the business. You will proactively solicit alternative ideas, thoughts and opinions.
- Engage directly with product management, development teams, technical delivery teams, and vendors to ensure the successful design, development, and delivery of technology-based solutions.
…a decisive and accountable coach. You will regularly take part in deep-dive sessions to translate organization vision and strategy into action and goals. You take end-to-end responsibility for the design, architecture and efficient high quality delivery of multiple major components.
- Lead shaping the vision and goals for the software team. Translate organizational vision and strategy into action.
- Make decisions on day-to-day work that impact team and project short term success.
- Mentor others and provide technical guidance.
- Maintain a customer focus and become a strong contributor to the overall success of the business which involves ensuring that all aspects of the company put its customers' satisfaction first.
- Facilitate communication and empower members to self-optimize their processes.
…engaging and a good communicator. You will regularly network with key contacts across the organization to solve complex business issues within their functional area.
- Reach out to other teams to educate them on how platform capabilities solve their needs.
- Assist in on-boarding teams to platform solutions.
- Make friends and influence people
This position reports to the Engineer Manager for Platform and will play a key role in delivering our next-generation platform solution to our customers.
WHAT THE ROLE REQUIRES
- 1+ years of experience as a technical lead for a software engineering team delivering products to customers
- 4+ years of hands-on experience in working on SaaS products
- 1+ years of experience with Identity and Access Management (IAM) solutions
- 6+ years of hands-on experience in full stack software development with high proficiency in problem solving
- 5+ years of experience with our tech stack or equivalent: Kubernetes, React, TypeScript, Kafka, GraphQL, Go, Node, AWS, GCP, PostgreSQL and Cloud Storage, and DataDog
- 4+ years of experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to production
- Excellent understanding of all aspects of software development, project management, quality assurance, and customer advocacy
- Knowledge of CI/CD tools, DevOps culture, and SaaSOps
- Ability (and preference) to work in an Agile empowered environment and ability to work autonomously
- Ability to innovate in a fast-paced industry
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related field
- Strong English verbal and written communication skills and demonstrated technical leadership
WHAT YOU’LL GET
- Highly competitive compensation, benefits, and vacation package
- Ability to work for one of the fastest growing companies with some of the most talented people in the industry
- Team outings
- Fun, Hardworking, and Casual Environment
- Endless Growth Opportunities
At CloudBees, we truly believe that the more diverse we are, the better we serve our customers. A global community like Jenkins demands a global focus from CloudBees. Organizations with greater diversity—gender, racial, ethnic, and global—are stronger partners to their customers. Whether by creating more innovative products, or better understanding our worldwide customers, or establishing a stronger cross-section of cultural leadership skills, diversity strengthens all aspects of the CloudBees organization.
In the technology industry, diversity creates a competitive advantage. CloudBees customers demand technologies from us that solve their software development, and therefore their business problems, so that they can better serve their own customers. CloudBees attributes much of its success to its worldwide work force and commitment to global diversity, which opens our proprietary software to innovative ideas from anywhere. Along the way, we have witnessed firsthand how employees, partners, and customers with diverse perspectives and experiences contribute to creative problem solving and better solutions for our customers and their businesses.