CloudBees provides the leading software delivery platform for enterprises, enabling them to continuously innovate, compete, and win in a world powered by the digital experience. Designed for the world's largest organizations with the most complex requirements, CloudBees enables software development organizations to deliver scalable, compliant, governed, and secure software from the code a developer writes to the people who use it. The platform connects with other best-of-breed tools, improves the developer experience, and enables organizations to bring digital innovation to life continuously, adapt quickly, and unlock business outcomes that create market leaders and disruptors.
CloudBees was founded in 2010 and is backed by Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley, Bridgepoint Credit, HSBC, Golub Capital, Delta-v Capital, Matrix Partners, and Lightspeed Venture Partners. Visit www.cloudbees.com and follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook
Cloudbees, the leader in CI/CD (Continuous Integration and Delivery) and the company behind Jenkins, is seeking an experienced Manager, Quality Engineering. CloudBees CD is a complex products which span technologies ranging from distributed systems, clustering, databases, multi-thread processing, complex scheduling and much more.
This position requires leading a team of Test Automation Engineers working on testing the SDA Platform, Pipelines and Plugins:
- Integrate CloudBees CD-RO, the industry leading CDRA (Continuous Delivery and Release Automation) solution, with different Third party systems that span multiple domains starting from Code Checkin all the way to Delivery. Some examples include SCM (Github), Application Servers (Jboss), ITSM (Jira), Cloud Service Providers (AWS,GCP) and Container Management Systems (Kubernetes).
- Integrate CloudBees CI with CloudBees CD-RO for bidirectional integration, to facilitate integrated CI-CD pipelines that run across these systems.
This person will lead the team responsible for end to end, functional, performance and UI testing of the CloudBees CD-RO Platform. The scope of this testing would encompass API Testing as well as UI Testing end to end, with emphasis on automating these tests.
The Cloudbees CD team places high value on quality with the expectation that the QE team serves as the ultimate gatekeeper for certifying the Release Readiness of the software. The ideal candidate is expected to think outside the box in terms of striking the right balance between automation, test coverage (functionality as well as performance of the software) and the speed of testing.
Desired Skills and Experience
- 10+ years of experience in quality engineering developing Test Automation software
- 2+ years of experience managing a team of Software Engineers in Test.
- Deep knowledge of writing automation tests preferably in Java.
- Strong experience with UI & API test automation tools
- Experience with Continuous Integration systems (e.g., Jenkins, GitLab)
- Experience defining high-level test automation strategy based on DevOps industry's best practices.
- Experience driving organizational change with cross-functional stakeholders.
- Collaborative team spirit with great communication skills
- Ability to understand the setup and configuration of Third Party Software by reading documentation and creating docker containers for them (where applicable) for LINUX, to assist in automation of tests.
- Familiarity with HTTPS, REST, HTML, JSON, and similar web-based development technologies.
- Familiarity with working with and configuring cloud providers (AWS, GCP).
- Deep knowledge of Software Testing Methodologies and concepts behind releasing software.
- Good judgment, logical thinking and attention to detail.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in computer science or a related field is highly preferred.
Nice to haves
- Previous experience with performance testing using monitoring tools and creating reports.
- Previous experience with writing and running automation tests in GCP.
- Previous experience with Test Management/ Reporting Tools.
- Previous experience with additional scripting languages such as Perl and Python.
- Previous experience with Groovy Spock Framework
- Previous experience with acceptance-test-harness
- Develop a germane understanding of the plugin assembly line process, starting from design to delivery and follow them. Where necessary improve existing processes and become advocates for delivering top quality software.
- Incrementally understand the functionality of both CloudBees CD-RO.
- Manage a team of test engineers.
- Collaborate with product management, support and engineering teams in order to establish priorities.
What You’ll Get
- Highly competitive benefits and vacation package
- Ability to work for one of the fastest growing companies with some of the most talented people in the industry
- Team outings
- Fun, Hardworking, and Casual Environment
- Endless Growth Opportunities
At CloudBees, we truly believe that the more diverse we are, the better we serve our customers. A global community like Jenkins demands a global focus from CloudBees. Organizations with greater diversity—gender, racial, ethnic, and global—are stronger partners to their customers. Whether by creating more innovative products, or better understanding our worldwide customers, or establishing a stronger cross-section of cultural leadership skills, diversity strengthens all aspects of the CloudBees organization.
In the technology industry, diversity creates a competitive advantage. CloudBees customers demand technologies from us that solve their software development, and therefore their business problems, so that they can better serve their own customers. CloudBees attributes much of its success to its worldwide work force and commitment to global diversity, which opens our proprietary software to innovative ideas from anywhere. Along the way, we have witnessed firsthand how employees, partners, and customers with diverse perspectives and experiences contribute to creative problem solving and better solutions for our customers and their businesses.