CloudBees provides the leading software delivery platform for enterprises, enabling them to continuously innovate, compete, and win in a world powered by the digital experience. Designed for the world's largest organizations with the most complex requirements, CloudBees enables software development organizations to deliver scalable, compliant, governed, and secure software from the code a developer writes to the people who use it. The platform connects with other best-of-breed tools, improves the developer experience, and enables organizations to bring digital innovation to life continuously, adapt quickly, and unlock business outcomes that create market leaders and disruptors.
CloudBees was founded in 2010 and is backed by Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley, Bridgepoint Credit, HSBC, Golub Capital, Delta-v Capital, Matrix Partners, and Lightspeed Venture Partners. Visit www.cloudbees.com and follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook
Cloudbees, the leader in CI/CD (Continuous Integration and Delivery) and the company behind Jenkins, is seeking a Software Architect with deep experience in developing Java multi-threaded applications and system architecture using the ElasticSearch Logstash stack for search and analytic applications.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Expert knowledge with the Elasticsearch platform - Ideally 4+ years of experience and someone who has built an enterprise level ES solution before, preferably more than once.
- Experience upgrading Elasticsearch versions Expert knowledge on ELK (Elasticsearch, Logstash and Kibana)
- Expert knowledge in Java, memory management, fine tuning etc.
- Good Linux administration and Kubernetes skills
- 2+ years of experience working on distributed multi threaded Java applications
- Deep knowledge of Java Core / Java 8
- Experience with Spring and Hibernate frameworks
- Excellent debugging and problem solving skills along with a desire to dive into existing Java stack and fix such system
- Familiarity with HTTP, REST, HTML, JSON, and similar web-based development technologies, and with building complex multi-tier parallel distributed systems that communicate via them (such as the backend of complex websites)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Good judgment, logical thinking and attention to detail.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in computer science or a related field is highly preferred.
Nice to haves
- SQL, object-relational mapping (e.g. using Hibernate), and basic DBA skills in Oracle and writing transactional code
- Solid experience with Spring and Hibernate frameworks
- Test-driven development, including writing reflection-based/class-hierarchy-searching/abstract tests to enforce best practices on other engineers by proactively anticipating places people might fail to observe them and writing tests to catch that
- Design and implement ELK (ElasticSearch, Logstash and Kibana) stack solutions
- Create and manage Elasticsearch Clusters on premise and in the cloud.
- Fine tune bulk load process.
- Provide Elastic Search tuning/optimizing based on application needs.
- Create Dashboard & Reports
- Work as an independent contributor collaborating with a team of developers and other test engineers.
- Mentoring & code reviewing for a remote team setting best practices and policies, writing specs, wiki pages, Knowledge Base articles and other internal documentation
- Work closely with the Support team, and communicate with customer sysadmins, DBAs and developers for troubleshooting
- Provide technology recommendations and strategy to support CloudBees product requirements
- Collaborate with product management, support and engineering teams in order to establish priorities.
- Work with customer support teams to debug customer trouble tickets and reproduce them when necessary.
What You’ll Get
- Highly competitive benefits and vacation package
- Ability to work for one of the fastest growing companies with some of the most talented people in the industry
- Team outings
- Fun, Hardworking, and Casual Environment
- Endless Growth Opportunities
At CloudBees, we truly believe that the more diverse we are, the better we serve our customers. A global community like Jenkins demands a global focus from CloudBees. Organizations with greater diversity—gender, racial, ethnic, and global—are stronger partners to their customers. Whether by creating more innovative products, or better understanding our worldwide customers, or establishing a stronger cross-section of cultural leadership skills, diversity strengthens all aspects of the CloudBees organization.
In the technology industry, diversity creates a competitive advantage. CloudBees customers demand technologies from us that solve their software development, and therefore their business problems, so that they can better serve their own customers. CloudBees attributes much of its success to its worldwide work force and commitment to global diversity, which opens our proprietary software to innovative ideas from anywhere. Along the way, we have witnessed firsthand how employees, partners, and customers with diverse perspectives and experiences contribute to creative problem solving and better solutions for our customers and their businesses