CloudBees provides the leading software delivery platform for enterprises, enabling them to continuously innovate, compete, and win in a world powered by the digital experience. Designed for the world's largest organizations with the most complex requirements, CloudBees enables software development organizations to deliver scalable, compliant, governed, and secure software from the code a developer writes to the people who use it. The platform connects with other best-of-breed tools, improves the developer experience, and enables organizations to bring digital innovation to life continuously, adapt quickly, and unlock business outcomes that create market leaders and disruptors.
CloudBees was founded in 2010 and is backed by Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley, Bridgepoint Credit, HSBC, Golub Capital, Delta-v Capital, Matrix Partners, and Lightspeed Venture Partners. Visit www.cloudbees.com and follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook
Cloudbees, the leader in CI/CD (Continuous Integration and Delivery) and the company behind Jenkins, is seeking a Director Engineering to lead the engineering teams for industry leading Continuous Delivery and Release Orchestration products. CloudBees CD-RO is a platform which spans technologies ranging from distributed systems, clustering, databases, multi-thread processing, complex scheduling and much more.
Why This Position?
This specific opening for an engineering management role created because of our growth in product offering and greater velocity of new feature delivery and customer communications. We recognize that a skilled engineering management leader with experience working in other organizations that have gone through rapid growth can have a transformative impact on the success of our product initiatives in the market.
What You’ll Do
- Establish and execute on the goal for the engineering team by becoming a trusted leader and advisor
- Plan and lead agile Sprints and other ceremonies for a high growth / high performance engineering team
- Focus on hiring and retaining top talent for your team
- Work closely with your peers in the engineering, coordinate activities related to new product and feature delivery across the product, field and marketing organizations
- Ensure that new products and features are successfully launched into the market and achieve their goals for awareness, adoption and revenue
- Continuously communicate status and plans for new product and feature delivery and GTM activities across the organizations
- Identify and drive resolution of roadblocks and issues that impact the success of new product and feature delivery
- Provide leadership for a high-performing software engineering team including
- Performance appraisal and feedback
- Setting goals and establishing metrics and accountability
- Coaching and mentoring
- Career growth guidance/assistance
- Recruiting and hiring engineers
- Facilitation of knowledge and expertise sharing among team members
- Mediation and conflict resolution
- Advocate for needs and concerns of team members
What The Role Requires
- Demonstrated success in leading engineering management across organizations of 20 or more people in enterprise software
- Hands-on experience with Cloud Native Continuous Delivery tools.
- Familiarity with modern software development practices including agile, DevOps, and continuous delivery, open-source
- Experience in coordinating activities across all software functions including engineering, product management, product marketing, support, etc.
- Proficiency with Software Development practices, Java, Cloud, Kubernetes, Jira, etc.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Talent for leading through influence and inspiring high achievement
- 5+ years of experience developing distributed, multi threaded applications (preferably in Java)
What You’ll Get
- Highly competitive benefits and vacation package
- Ability to work for one of the fastest growing companies with some of the most talented people in the industry
- High-functioning remote-first culture with a diverse team of co-workers located around the world
- Fun, Hardworking, and Casual Environment
- Endless Growth Opportunities
At CloudBees, we truly believe that the more diverse we are, the better we serve our customers. A global community like Jenkins demands a global focus from CloudBees. Organizations with greater diversity—gender, racial, ethnic, and global—are stronger partners to their customers. Whether by creating more innovative products, or better understanding our worldwide customers, or establishing a stronger cross-section of cultural leadership skills, diversity strengthens all aspects of the CloudBees organization.
In the technology industry, diversity creates a competitive advantage. CloudBees customers demand technologies from us that solve their software development, and therefore their business problems, so that they can better serve their own customers. CloudBees attributes much of its success to its worldwide work force and commitment to global diversity, which opens our proprietary software to innovative ideas from anywhere. Along the way, we have witnessed firsthand how employees, partners, and customers with diverse perspectives and experiences contribute to creative problem solving and better solutions for our customers and their businesses.