OUR CUSTOMERS DEVELOP SOFTWARE AT THE SPEED OF IDEAS
CloudBees, the enterprise software delivery company, provides the industry’s leading DevOps technology platform. CloudBees enables developers to focus on what they do best: Build stuff that matters while providing peace of mind to management with powerful risk mitigation, compliance, and governance tools. Used by many of the Fortune 100, CloudBees is helping thousands of companies harness the power of continuous everything and gets them on the fastest path from a great idea, to great software, to amazing customer experiences, to being a business that changes lives.
Backed by Matrix Partners, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Verizon Ventures, Delta-v Capital, Golub Capital, and Unusual Ventures, CloudBees was founded in 2010 by former JBoss CTO Sacha Labourey and an elite team of continuous integration, continuous delivery, and DevOps.
CloudBees, the leader in Continuous Delivery and the company behind Jenkins, is seeking a senior support escalation engineer with experience in handling customer escalations for CI-CD products, experience working with RDBMS based products and some Java development experience to join our industry leading CloudBees SDA team.
As a Senior Software Escalation Engineer with CloudBees, you will have the opportunity to work with the largest customers of CloudBees Software Delivery Automation (SDA) Platform and its industry leading Continuous Delivery(CD) & Release Orchestration(RO) capabilities. Because you will be working with a successful team that is completely remote, excellent communication skills are key. This is a great opportunity for someone to shape the future of industry leading CI/CD products and drive the next phase of growth.
The CloudBees SDA and CD/RO team places high value on root cause analysis, performance, and scalability. The ideal candidate for this job will think of programming as a craft, as well as a job.
WHAT THE ROLE REQUIRES
- Hands-on experience with continuous integration/continuous delivery (CI/CD) products such as Jenkins
- Experience troubleshooting complex customer issues by analyzing log files
- Experience with scripting languages such as bash, Groovy, PERL or Python
- Experience with analyzing Java thread dumps and heap dumps using tools such as Yourkit.
- Knowledge of SQL and experience with analyzing database performance issues (one of MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, MS SQL Server)
- Experience with debugging large scale distributed systems.
- Familiarity with HTTP, REST, HTML, JSON, and similar web-based development technologies
NICE TO HAVE
- Experience with developing and modifying JMeter scripts for automated performance and scalability testing.
- Development experience using Java is a big PLUS
- Experience with using Elasticsearch is a big PLUS
- Experience with RDBMS administration is a PLUS
- Experience using public (or private) cloud provider platforms like GCP, AWS or Azure, Kubernetes and Docker containers.
- Experience with security protocols such as SSO, OpenIDConnect and key management systems such as CyberArk or HashiCorp.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Manage critical customer escalations.
- Work proactively with prospects, customers and internal CloudBees SDA teams to troubleshoot and resolve escalated customer issues.
- Solve complex customer support tickets often involving CI-CD systems deployed on premise, in the public cloud as well as in Kubernetes environments.
- Identify bugs or customer concerns within CloudBees SDA products and work with the appropriate engineering teams to improve them.
- Provide input and expertise on ways to improve Support training around escalated issues.
- Actively identify process improvement opportunities and take ownership of solutions.
- Be the technical liaison to other teams within CloudBees.
- Be an escalation point and subject matter expert for high-urgency tickets or issues.
- Effectively communicate technical information to customers, engineering teams, and leadership/management within CloudBees
WHAT YOU’LL GET
- Highly competitive benefits and vacation package
- Ability to work for one of the fastest growing companies with some of the most talented people in the industry
- Team outings
- Fun, Hardworking, and Casual Environment
- Endless Growth Opportunities
We have a culture of movers and shakers and are leading the way for everyone else with a vision to transform the industry. We are authentic in who we are. We believe in our abilities and strengths to change the world for the better. Being inclusive and working together is at the heart of everything we do. We are naturally curious. We ask the right questions, challenge what can be done differently and come up with intelligent solutions to the problems we find. If that’s you, get ready to bee impactful and join the hive.
At CloudBees, we truly believe that the more diverse we are, the better we serve our customers. A global community like Jenkins demands a global focus from CloudBees. Organizations with greater diversity—gender, racial, ethnic, and global—are stronger partners to their customers. Whether by creating more innovative products, or better understanding our worldwide customers, or establishing a stronger cross-section of cultural leadership skills, diversity strengthens all aspects of the CloudBees organization.
In the technology industry, diversity creates a competitive advantage. CloudBees customers demand technologies from us that solve their software development, and therefore their business problems, so that they can better serve their own customers. CloudBees attributes much of its success to its worldwide workforce and commitment to global diversity, which opens our proprietary software to innovative ideas from anywhere. Along the way, we have witnessed firsthand how employees, partners, and customers with diverse perspectives and experiences contribute to creative problem solving and better solutions for our customers and their business.