OUR CUSTOMERS DEVELOP SOFTWARE AT THE SPEED OF IDEAS
CloudBees, the enterprise software delivery company, provides the industry’s leading DevOps technology platform. CloudBees enables developers to focus on what they do best: Build stuff that matters while providing peace of mind to management with powerful risk mitigation, compliance, and governance tools. Used by many of the Fortune 100, CloudBees is helping thousands of companies harness the power of continuous everything and gets them on the fastest path from a great idea, to great software, to amazing customer experiences, to being a business that changes lives.
Backed by Matrix Partners, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Verizon Ventures, Delta-v Capital, Golub Capital, and Unusual Ventures, CloudBees was founded in 2010 by former JBoss CTO Sacha Labourey and an elite team of continuous integration, continuous delivery, and DevOps
The CloudBees Community team is seeking a Developer Relations engineer. In this role, you’ll own developer relations projects to increase developer adoption of Jenkins. You’ll share ideas, foster community interactions, highlight effective software development practices, and inspire others to help the Jenkins project. You will develop, test, and deliver crucial open source improvements. You’ll interact with leading software engineers in our team and in the Jenkins community.
You will be part of a team that is encouraging and assisting others as they adopt Jenkins. You will strengthen and support the people, processes, infrastructure, and software in the Jenkins project. You will interact with an international community of open source contributors both inside and outside of CloudBees. Your work will be widely visible and deeply appreciated by users around the world.
What You’ll Do
- Define and deliver projects that increase developer adoption of Jenkins
- Improve the onboarding experience for new contributors to the Jenkins project by blog posts, writing documentation, and presenting online meetups
- Lead outreach efforts to bring new developers into the Jenkins community
- Mentor new participants in Jenkins development. Use the results of those mentoring efforts to improve the developer experience for others
- Document, describe, and present results both inside and outside CloudBees
- Work closely with team members, the Jenkins community, the Continuous Delivery Foundation and other entities to identify and prioritize improvements and include those improvements in the Jenkins roadmap
- Communicate effectively inside and outside CloudBees
What the Role Requires
- Deep experience with Jenkins and its use in software development
- Strong English language communications skills, both written and verbal
- Java development skills for work in Jenkins core and Jenkins plugins
- Willingness to learn rapidly and interact with others while learning
- Strong attention to detail; ability to monitor, manage, and track work, and present data accurately to support decision making
- Good organization and planning skills with the ability to anticipate needs and to determine the best use of time
- Presentation, blogging, and advocacy experience
- Hands-on experience with Docker, Kubernetes, or OpenShift and related container platform ecosystems.
- Solid understanding of Amazon Web Services; Azure, Google Cloud
- Release engineering or continuous delivery experience
What You'll Get
- Highly competitive benefits and vacation package
- Ability to work for one of the fastest growing companies with some of the most talented people in the industry
- Team outings
- Fun, Hardworking, and Casual Environment
- Endless Growth Opportunities
We have a culture of movers and shakers and are leading the way for everyone else with a vision to transform the industry. We are authentic in who we are. We believe in our abilities and strengths to change the world for the better. Being inclusive and working together is at the heart of everything we do. We are naturally curious. We ask the right questions, challenge what can be done differently and come up with intelligent solutions to the problems we find. If that’s you, get ready to bee impactful and join the hive.
At CloudBees, we truly believe that the more diverse we are, the better we serve our customers. A global community like Jenkins demands a global focus from CloudBees. Organizations with greater diversity—gender, racial, ethnic, and global—are stronger partners to their customers. Whether by creating more innovative products, or better understanding our worldwide customers, or establishing a stronger cross-section of cultural leadership skills, diversity strengthens all aspects of the CloudBees organization.
In the technology industry, diversity creates a competitive advantage. CloudBees customers demand technologies from us that solve their software development, and therefore their business problems, so that they can better serve their own customers. CloudBees attributes much of its success to its worldwide workforce and commitment to global diversity, which opens our proprietary software to innovative ideas from anywhere. Along the way, we have witnessed firsthand how employees, partners, and customers with diverse perspectives and experiences contribute to creative problem solving and better solutions for our customers and their business.