Our Customers Develop Software at the Speed of Ideas
CloudBees, the enterprise software delivery company, provides the industry’s leading DevOps technology platform. CloudBees enables developers to focus on what they do best: Build stuff that matters while providing peace of mind to management with powerful risk mitigation, compliance, and governance tools. Used by many of the Fortune 100, CloudBees is helping thousands of companies harness the power of continuous everything and gets them on the fastest path from a great idea, to great software, to amazing customer experiences, to being a business that changes lives.
Backed by Matrix Partners, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Verizon Ventures, Delta-v Capital, Golub Capital, and Unusual Ventures, CloudBees was founded in 2010 by former JBoss CTO Sacha Labourey and an elite team of continuous integration, continuous delivery, and DevOps professionals.
CloudBees customers rely on our Support team to help them be successful in the use of our products. Our team is uniquely positioned to help sustain the company’s growth by providing a customer support experience that surpasses expectations. These positive customer experiences help drive annual renewals and business expansion. A successful Development Support Engineer (DSE) will use their skills and experience to accurately diagnose customer issues and get them resolved in a timely way, to the customer’s satisfaction. In addition, motivated individuals who want to contribute in other ways will have opportunities to work on our collection of internal tools that automate the diagnosis of issues, making the entire team more efficient by reducing manual work.
A typical day in our Support team starts with a scrum meeting where we review open and unassigned cases and help each other with issues we’re stuck on. Working on active cases, we answer basic questions and also troubleshoot problems that range from the mundane to the fiendishly complicated (it helps if you enjoy a good challenge). We collaborate with each other throughout the day, via Slack or video calls. During down time, we build technical knowledge through training and tools development.
CloudBees has been a remote-work-first company since it was founded, and the majority of the DSE team works remotely. The existing team has a mix of backgrounds including system administrators, developers, support engineers, and devops engineers. We strive to provide everyone on the team with interesting challenges, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and a positive work/life balance.
What You'll Do
- Answer customer questions about product usage and best practices
- Diagnose complex technical issues and provide solutions or workarounds
- Communicate with customers through a ticketing system, with phone support sometimes required for complex or urgent issues
- Collaborate frequently with members of the Support and Engineering teams
- Contribute to documentation
- Contribute to internal software tools to automate diagnosis of customer issues
- Work a weekend on-call rotation every 4-8 weeks (daytime hours only)
What The Role Requires
A successful candidate will have:
- Basic Linux system administration knowledge
- Good communication skills (English language fluency required)
- The ability to work independently
- The ability to build knowledge of new technologies easily
- A sense of empathy with our customers
As previously mentioned, members of our team have a variety of past work experience, and each bring a different mix of skills to our team. The following are some examples of these skills, but by no means do we expect candidates to have all of them. If any of these fit with your experience, we would love to hear from you!
- System administration knowledge, especially Linux, storage, and/or networking
- Good working knowledge of popular DevOps tools and services such as: Jenkins, Docker, Artifactory/Nexus, Kubernetes, git & GitHub
- Knowledge of common enterprise environments & technologies such as LDAP & databases
- Knowledge of common web application architectures, SSL, REST API concepts, etc.
- Understanding of Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment concepts and practices
- Experience with cloud computing environments
- Programming experience, anything from shell scripting to Java development
- Open source community contributions, especially Jenkins
- Previous experience in customer-facing roles
- Computer Science / IT degree or equivalent work experience
- Certifications: Cloud computing providers, Kubernetes, etc.
What You'll Get
- Gain experience working with and troubleshooting a variety of tools used widely in the tech industry
- Enhance your career by completing industry-recognized technical certifications
- Manage projects and initiatives within the team, contributing to team goals
- Potential future opportunities to grow into management, engineering, or other field roles
- Play a key role in maintaining and growing company revenue over time
We have a culture of movers and shakers and are leading the way for everyone else with a vision to transform the industry. We are authentic in who we are. We believe in our abilities and strengths to change the world for the better. Being inclusive and working together is at the heart of everything we do. We are naturally curious. We ask the right questions, challenge what can be done differently and come up with intelligent solutions to the problems we find. If that’s you, get ready to bee impactful and join the hive.
At CloudBees, we truly believe that the more diverse we are, the better we serve our customers. A global community like Jenkins demands a global focus from CloudBees. Organizations with greater diversity—gender, racial, ethnic, and global—are stronger partners to their customers. Whether by creating more innovative products, or better understanding our worldwide customers, or establishing a stronger cross-section of cultural leadership skills, diversity strengthens all aspects of the CloudBees organization.
In the technology industry, diversity creates a competitive advantage. CloudBees customers demand technologies from us that solve their software development, and therefore their business problems, so that they can better serve their own customers. CloudBees attributes much of its success to its worldwide work force and commitment to global diversity, which opens our proprietary software to innovative ideas from anywhere. Along the way, we have witnessed firsthand how employees, partners, and customers with diverse perspectives and experiences contribute to creative problem solving and better solutions for our customers and their businesses.