CloudBees, the enterprise software delivery company, provides the industry’s leading DevOps technology platform. CloudBees enables developers to focus on what they do best: Build stuff that matters while providing peace of mind to management with powerful risk mitigation, compliance, and governance tools. Used by many of the Fortune 100, CloudBees is helping thousands of companies harness the power of continuous everything and gets them on the fastest path from a great idea, to great software, to amazing customer experiences, to being a business that changes lives.
Backed by Matrix Partners, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Verizon Ventures, Delta-v Capital, Golub Capital, and Unusual Ventures, CloudBees was founded in 2010 by former JBoss CTO Sacha Labourey and an elite team of continuous integration, continuous delivery, and DevOps professionals.
CloudBees is looking for a Solutions Architect to join the CloudBees sales organization assisting with our customer in the Southeast, US. This role is key for our sales organization. The position involves working side-by-side with the sales team, uncovering and developing opportunities by articulating the technical options for potential customers. While this role requires technology depth and awareness, this is a sales-driven position. The role carries a quota and directly impacts the revenue of the company. The ideal candidate will have been involved in the continuous integration, continuous delivery and DevOps space with strong interpersonal skills. Prior technical sales positions and experience would be helpful.
This is an outstanding opportunity for a Solutions Architect to become a specialist in what’s soon to become the future of software development, and to work closely with recognized professionals in the continuous integration, continuous delivery and DevOps markets.
This will be a remote position with some travel required.
What You'll Do
- Become an expert on all things related to Jenkins, continuous integration, continuous delivery and DevOps
- Serve as a liaison between sales, support, engineering and the customer/prospect
- Field more sophisticated user questions to sales for possible upsell to annual/global deals
- Understand the company’s products, competitors, value proposition and positioning
- Assist the sales team on calls and e-mail exchanges with prospects
- Maintain and develop FAQ fed by information from customers, prospects and the sales team
- When recurring questions are identified, writing technical content to increase the Knowledge Base and crafting videos/webcasts and other content
- Work with the product team to identify product priorities discovered in field engagements
- Attend trade shows, when appropriate
- Deliver regular demos of the product (Google Hangout, webcast, etc.)
Who You Are
- Pre-Sales experience or strong technical background with ability to learn pre-sales
- Self-driven, enjoys working with people and creating relationships
- Familiarity with software development or operations
- Hands-on experience with continuous integration and its real-world role application in delivering software is a plus
- Familiarity with Jenkins, Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, DevOps, and associated tools
- Software development life cycle experience
What You’ll Get
- Highly competitive benefits and vacation package
- Ability to work for one of the fastest-growing companies with some of the most talented people in the industry
- Fun, Hardworking, and Casual Environment
- Endless Growth Opportunities
At CloudBees, we truly believe that the more diverse we are, the better we serve our customers. A global community like Jenkins demands a global focus from CloudBees. Organizations with greater diversity—gender, racial, ethnic, and global—are stronger partners to their customers. Whether by creating more innovative products, or better understanding our worldwide customers, or establishing a stronger cross-section of cultural leadership skills, diversity strengthens all aspects of the CloudBees organization.
In the technology industry, diversity creates a competitive advantage. CloudBees customers demand technologies from us that solve their software development, and therefore their business problems, so that they can better serve their own customers. CloudBees attributes much of its success to its worldwide workforce and commitment to global diversity, which opens our proprietary software to innovative ideas from anywhere. Along the way, we have witnessed firsthand how employees, partners, and customers with diverse perspectives and experiences contribute to creative problem solving and better solutions for our customers and their business.