OUR CUSTOMERS DEVELOP SOFTWARE AT THE SPEED OF IDEAS
CloudBees, the enterprise software delivery company, provides the industry’s leading DevOps technology platform. CloudBees enables developers to focus on what they do best: Build stuff that matters while providing peace of mind to management with powerful risk mitigation, compliance, and governance tools. Used by many of the Fortune 100, CloudBees is helping thousands of companies harness the power of continuous everything and gets them on the fastest path from a great idea, to great software, to amazing customer experiences, to being a business that changes lives.
Backed by Matrix Partners, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Verizon Ventures, Delta-v Capital, Golub Capital, and Unusual Ventures, CloudBees was founded in 2010 by former JBoss CTO Sacha Labourey and an elite team of continuous integration, continuous delivery, and DevOps
CloudBees, the leader in Continuous Delivery and the company behind Jenkins, is seeking a Java Engineer with experience in developing microservices applications using Java and Kubernetes in the US or Canada to join our industry leading CloudBees SDA team.
As a Senior Backend Engineer with CloudBees, you will have the opportunity to build the next generation of CloudBees Software Delivery Automation (SDA) Platform and its industry leading Continuous Delivery(CD) & Release Orchestration(RO) capabilities. Because you will be working with a successful team that is completely remote, excellent coding and communication skills are key. This is a great opportunity for someone to shape the future of industry leading CI/CD products and drive the next phase of growth.
The CloudBees SDA and CD/RO team places high value on quality with a rigorous unit test framework, code reviews and a CI build system that helps to find problems fast. The ideal candidate for this job will think of programming as a craft, as well as a job.
WHAT THE ROLE REQUIRES
- Experience developing backend components, services or APIs in Java or a similar language.
- Strong skills writing high-performance, multi-threaded, efficient and maintainable software code
- Experience crafting and implementing highly scalable and performant microservices based applications.
- Knowledge of SQL and experience working with online data stores (one of MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, MS SQL Server)
- Experience with building, maintaining and scaling large scale distributed systems.
- You can identify trade-offs to various implementations and can make decisions about which solution would be best for a given situation.
- Understanding of SaaS, PaaS, IaaS industry with hands-on experience with public cloud offerings (e.g., AWS, GCP, Azure).
- Knowledge and experience of working with IOC container frameworks like Spring, Springboot and ORM technology such as Hibernate.
Nice to have
- Experience using public (or private) cloud provider platforms like GCP, AWS or Azure, Kubernetes and Docker containers.
- Knowledge of continuous integration/continuous delivery (CI/CD) is a plus.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Partner closely with Product lead to provide solutions and recommendations – you are able to drive ambiguity out of requirements and articulate the broadly applicable solutions.
- Design, extend and review software architecture – be hands on and involved with every stage of the product development life cycle
- Lead the large scale migration of self managed software products to SaaS offerings.
- Supporting and maintaining the existing code baseline and products.
WHAT YOU’LL GET
- Highly competitive benefits and vacation package
- Ability to work for one of the fastest growing companies with some of the most talented people in the industry
- Team outings
- Fun, Hardworking, and Casual Environment
- Endless Growth Opportunities
We have a culture of movers and shakers and are leading the way for everyone else with a vision to transform the industry. We are authentic in who we are. We believe in our abilities and strengths to change the world for the better. Being inclusive and working together is at the heart of everything we do. We are naturally curious. We ask the right questions, challenge what can be done differently and come up with intelligent solutions to the problems we find. If that’s you, get ready to bee impactful and join the hive.
At CloudBees, we truly believe that the more diverse we are, the better we serve our customers. A global community like Jenkins demands a global focus from CloudBees. Organizations with greater diversity—gender, racial, ethnic, and global—are stronger partners to their customers. Whether by creating more innovative products, or better understanding our worldwide customers, or establishing a stronger cross-section of cultural leadership skills, diversity strengthens all aspects of the CloudBees organization.
In the technology industry, diversity creates a competitive advantage. CloudBees customers demand technologies from us that solve their software development, and therefore their business problems, so that they can better serve their own customers. CloudBees attributes much of its success to its worldwide workforce and commitment to global diversity, which opens our proprietary software to innovative ideas from anywhere. Along the way, we have witnessed firsthand how employees, partners, and customers with diverse perspectives and experiences contribute to creative problem solving and better solutions for our customers and their business.