OUR CUSTOMERS DEVELOP SOFTWARE AT THE SPEED OF IDEAS
CloudBees, the enterprise software delivery company, provides the industry’s leading DevOps technology platform. CloudBees enables developers to focus on what they do best: Build stuff that matters while providing peace of mind to management with powerful risk mitigation, compliance, and governance tools. Used by many of the Fortune 100, CloudBees is helping thousands of companies harness the power of continuous everything and gets them on the fastest path from a great idea, to great software, to amazing customer experiences, to being a business that changes lives.
Backed by Matrix Partners, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Verizon Ventures, Delta-v Capital, Golub Capital, and Unusual Ventures, CloudBees was founded in 2010 by former JBoss CTO Sacha Labourey and an elite team of continuous integration, continuous delivery, and DevOps professionals.
The CloudBees Community team is seeking a Principal Site Reliability Engineer. In this role, you will support the Community team and the Jenkins community by maintaining, updating, refining, and improving the Jenkins project infrastructure. The Jenkins infrastructure team powers the Jenkins project. We provide services to more than 40000 users every day and 300000 Jenkins instances worldwide. This project is special in the way that almost everything is public, sponsored, and orchestrated by the Jenkins community.
You will manage multiple Kubernetes clusters and the applications running on those clusters, largely within AWS and Azure cloud. You will interact with an international community of open source contributors both inside and outside of CloudBees. You will also work closely with other entities including the Linux Foundation, Continuous Delivery Foundation, Jenkins project sponsors providing services. Your work will be widely visible and deeply appreciated by users around the world.
What You'll Do
- Be a key contributor to the Jenkins open source community and, specifically, Jenkins infrastructure
- Lead, design, implement, and support Jenkins infrastructure initiatives
- Coordinate the Jenkins infrastructure projects within the distributed team including all kinds of stakeholders, including Jenkins contributors, CloudBees product teams, the Linux Foundation, volunteers and other 3rd parties
- Design and implement delivery pipelines and developer tools needed for the initiatives, included but not limited to
- Meet budget objectives and improve service reliability
- Produce necessary documentation, reports, and presentations
- Communicate with others inside and outside CloudBees, regularly present your work in the open source communities
- Share your experiences with the community and within CloudBees teams
What the Role Requires
- Kubernetes production experience
- Cloud experience with at least one major public provider (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud)
- Linux system administration experience
- Automation experience with languages like Bash, Groovy, Python, or Golang
- Excellent organization and planning skills
- Good English language communications skills, both written and verbal
- Good attention to detail; ability to monitor, manage, and track impending deadlines, and present data accurately to support decision making
- Willing to mentor others
- Java ecosystems experience
- Jenkins user experience
- Infrastructure as code experience with tools like Helm, Puppet, Terraform, Packer, Jenkins configuration as code, etc.
- Willing to advocate for Jenkins, possibly including travel to conferences and participation in contributor events
- Experience with automation systems beyond Jenkins, especially Tekton, Jenkins X, and GitHub Actions
- Experience with managing some of the services used by Jenkins infrastructure: GitHub, Datadog, Sentry. Fastly, Mac Cloud, Artifactory, Atlassian Jira, etc.
- Blogging or other advocacy experience
What You'll Get
- Highly competitive benefits and vacation package
- Ability to work for one of the fastest growing companies with some of the most talented people in the industry
- Team outings
- Fun, Hardworking, and Casual Environment
- Endless Growth Opportunities
We have a culture of movers and shakers and are leading the way for everyone else with a vision to transform the industry. We are authentic in who we are. We believe in our abilities and strengths to change the world for the better. Being inclusive and working together is at the heart of everything we do. We are naturally curious. We ask the right questions, challenge what can be done differently and come up with intelligent solutions to the problems we find. If that’s you, get ready to bee impactful and join the hive.
At CloudBees, we truly believe that the more diverse we are, the better we serve our customers. A global community like Jenkins demands a global focus from CloudBees. Organizations with greater diversity—gender, racial, ethnic, and global—are stronger partners to their customers. Whether by creating more innovative products, or better understanding our worldwide customers, or establishing a stronger cross-section of cultural leadership skills, diversity strengthens all aspects of the CloudBees organization.
In the technology industry, diversity creates a competitive advantage. CloudBees customers demand technologies from us that solve their software development, and therefore their business problems, so that they can better serve their own customers. CloudBees attributes much of its success to its worldwide workforce and commitment to global diversity, which opens our proprietary software to innovative ideas from anywhere. Along the way, we have witnessed firsthand how employees, partners, and customers with diverse perspectives and experiences contribute to creative problem solving and better solutions for our customers and their business.