Senior Manager, Global Pricing Operations
CloudBees, the enterprise software delivery company, provides the industry’s leading DevOps technology platform. CloudBees enables developers to focus on what they do best: Build stuff that matters while providing peace of mind to management with powerful risk mitigation, compliance, and governance tools. Used by many of the Fortune 100, CloudBees is helping thousands of companies harness the power of continuous everything and gets them on the fastest path from a great idea, to great software, to amazing customer experiences, to being a business that changes lives.
We are looking for a seasoned leader for global pricing operations. In this role you will be responsible for making sure that pricing strategies are operationally maintained and implemented in all systems globally ensuring sales reps and partners have an easy to access and commanding control of all pricing related matters. This includes implementing price changes, configuring pricing for new product launches, ensuring contractual compliance, and guaranteeing customer and partner experience of price changes lives up to CloudBees’s high standards. You will work across multiple teams, like product group, sales operations, sales reps and partners, providing direction and guidance, prioritizing projects, establishing scalable processes, and building relationships with colleagues around the organization. To do this, you will need to be extremely hands-on, learning the details of the pricing strategy and associated systems, carrying out analyses, and executing operational processes.
- Bachelors degree, quantitative or technical field preferred
- 7+ years of experience in consulting or a finance/operational role in a large organization
- Desire to work in a hands-on, high volume, fast-paced, and changing environment
- Strong analytical skills and comfort working with spreadsheets
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Execution focus
- Experience working with SalesForce a plus
- Knowledge of SQL preferred
What You'll Do
You will be responsible for pricing-related operational processes pertaining to all CloudBees products and services globally. Projects are varied and will include:
- New product and feature launches
- New country expansions
- Special promotions and business development opportunities
- Price updates due to business strategy, movements in foreign exchange rates, and tax changes
- Maintenance of all pricebooks and associated systems
- Internal tool and process improvements
You will manage and ensure continuously high quality output and maintain an exceptionally high level of accuracy. In addition, you will prioritize and schedule projects, determine when compromises must be made between scope and timeline, and provide guidance on the general approach. Because the team works on dozens of projects in parallel, being organized and having the ability to switch quickly between projects is essential. At the same time, you will lead projects as an individual contributor, which includes conducting pricing analyses, reviewing contracts, configuring the system, and managing various operational tasks. For projects you do not spearhead, you will review the team members’ analyses, documentation, and implementation plans. Since you will be ultimately responsible for each project’s success, it is critical for you to be comfortable working within the details and being hands-on.
Through this, you will become an expert in how the pricing system works and understand the complex logic and calculations that it supports. A typical project could include steps such as the following:
- Developing a thorough understanding of business objectives
- Reviewing relevant customer and partner contracts and clarifying key points with lawyers
- Providing input to customer and partner contract updates, such as new rates and clauses
- Determining how to configure the pricing system to meet objectives and contractual requirements
- Carrying out detailed analyses to ensure the approach will achieve the desired results
- Testing the approach in QA systems
- Working with engineers and product teams to clarify system functionality and troubleshoot issues
- Documenting the approach and following compliance processes for sign-offs and approval
- Configuring the system and checking output in production
- Drafting external communications to partners and customers
- Keeping key stakeholders informed of progress and coordinating with numerous organizations
- Monitoring production systems to ensure successful implementation
Since you will be interfacing with many different functions, you will be expected to build strong relationships and credibility across the organization. Other teams should view you as the go-to person for pricing questions and pricing initiatives. Finally, at CloudBees, we highly value innovation. It will be key for you to identify opportunities to improve the processes and upgrade the various tools used.
At CloudBees, we truly believe that the more diverse we are, the better we serve our customers. A global community like Jenkins demands a global focus from CloudBees. Organizations with greater diversity—gender, racial, ethnic, and global—are stronger partners to their customers. Whether by creating more innovative products, or better understanding our worldwide customers, or establishing a stronger cross-section of cultural leadership skills, diversity strengthens all aspects of the CloudBees organization.
In the technology industry, diversity creates a competitive advantage. CloudBees customers demand technologies from us that solve their software development, and therefore their business problems, so that they can better serve their own customers. CloudBees attributes much of its success to its worldwide workforce and commitment to global diversity, which opens our proprietary software to innovative ideas from anywhere. Along the way, we have witnessed firsthand how employees, partners, and customers with diverse perspectives and experiences contribute to creative problem solving and better solutions for our customers and their business.