CloudBees, the enterprise software delivery company, provides the industry’s leading DevOps technology platform. CloudBees enables developers to focus on what they do best: Build stuff that matters while providing peace of mind to management with powerful risk mitigation, compliance, and governance tools. Used by many of the Fortune 100, CloudBees is helping thousands of companies harness the power of continuous everything and gets them on the fastest path from a great idea, to great software, to amazing customer experiences, to being a business that changes lives.
Backed by Matrix Partners, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Verizon Ventures, Delta-v Capital, Golub Capital, and Unusual Ventures, CloudBees was founded in 2010 by former JBoss CTO Sacha Labourey and an elite team of continuous integration, continuous delivery, and DevOps professionals.
CloudBees is looking for an individual to join the team in a SaaS Developer Relations role. This entrepreneurial person combines customer-facing activity, supporting prospects through their technical engagement, post-sales technical help and success, and deep understanding of DevOps / Software Delivery and the CloudBees product line. You will get exposed to the Product Management, Developer, Marketing, Sales, Sales Engineering, and Product Marketing orgs internally, collaborating closely with each on various projects. If you can write code but are looking for a role where there is a degree of client and prospect interaction, and you enjoy helping people solve problems and achieve their goals, this role is for you! If you love all of the above, but are unsure what role you want to take in a tech company later in your career, this role is especially for you as you will get broad exposure and be positioned to take the next step in your career while at CloudBees.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Ensure our customers are happy and successful
- Work with prospect and paying customers to understand their needs and help them get the most from CloudBees offerings
- Work with Marketing and Product Marketing to run workshops, webinars, and build great content
- Collaborate with Sales Engineers to build amazing demos
- Work alongside Product Management to determine how to best solve our customer and user needs in future releases
- Respond to technical inquiries from users and customers
- Collaborate with Product Marketing to translate needs from users into detailed work plans that we can deliver in product
WHO YOU ARE
- Strong technical and verbal skills
- Must be able to write code and engage in technical discussions with prospects, ideally including experience delivering code/features, experience in Agile and DevOps processes
- Capacity to act as an advisor and assist the prospects with any technical issues during an evaluation, by phone, email or web chat
- Positive attitude and high degree of ownership
- Desire to be great in your current role as well as advancing professionally
- Thoughtful listener; able to learn from others, leverage input and ask great questions
- A Computer Science or similar technical degree
- At least two years of software development experience
- Understanding of Jenkins, DevOps related software, and open source is preferred
WHAT YOU'LL GET
- Highly competitive benefits and vacation package
- Ability to work for one of the fastest growing companies with some of the most talented people in the industry
- Team outings
- Fun, Hardworking, and Casual Environment
- Endless Growth Opportunities
We have a culture of movers and shakers and are leading the way for everyone else with a vision to transform the industry. We are authentic in who we are. We believe in our abilities and strengths to change the world for the better. Being inclusive and working together is at the heart of everything we do. We are naturally curious. We ask the right questions, challenge what can be done differently and come up with intelligent solutions to the problems we find. If that’s you, get ready to bee impactful and join the hive.
At CloudBees, we truly believe that the more diverse we are, the better we serve our customers. A global community like Jenkins demands a global focus from CloudBees. Organizations with greater diversity—gender, racial, ethnic, and global—are stronger partners to their customers. Whether by creating more innovative products, or better understanding our worldwide customers, or establishing a stronger cross-section of cultural leadership skills, diversity strengthens all aspects of the CloudBees organization.
In the technology industry, diversity creates a competitive advantage. CloudBees customers demand technologies from us that solve their software development, and therefore their business problems, so that they can better serve their own customers. CloudBees attributes much of its success to its worldwide work force and commitment to global diversity, which opens our proprietary software to innovative ideas from anywhere. Along the way, we have witnessed firsthand how employees, partners, and customers with diverse perspectives and experiences contribute to creative problem solving and better solutions for our customers and their businesses.