Our Customers Develop Software at the Speed of Ideas
CloudBees is powering the continuous economy by offering the world’s first end-to-end continuous software delivery management system (SDM). For millions of developers and product teams driving innovation for businesses large or small, SDM builds on continuous integration (CI) and continuous delivery (CD) to enable all functions and teams within and around the software delivery organization to best work together to amplify value creation.
CloudBees is the continuous integration (CI), continuous delivery (CD) and application release automation (ARA) powerhouse built from the commercial success of its products and its open source leadership as the largest contributor to Jenkins and a founding member of the Continuous Delivery Foundation (CDF). With a globally distributed workforce of more than 500 employees, the company reflects the global nature of the DevOps movement. We believe in walking the talk! From startups with full-stack developers practicing NoOps to large Fortune 100 companies, CloudBees enables all software-driven organizations to intelligently deploy the right capabilities at the right time.
Over 3,500 of the world’s best known brands and over 50% of the Fortune 500, invest in CloudBees because of its ability to work across any cloud, in any development environment and to balance corporate governance and control with developer flexibility and freedom.
CloudBees is home to the world’s leading DevOps experts helping thousands of companies harness the power of “continuous everything” and putting them on the fastest path from great idea, to great software, to great business value.
CloudBees customers rely on our Support team to help them be successful in the use of our products. Our team is uniquely positioned to help sustain the company’s growth by providing a customer support experience that surpasses expectations. These positive customer experiences help drive annual renewals and business expansion. A successful Development Support Engineer (DSE) will use their skills and experience to accurately diagnose customer issues and get them resolved in a timely way, to the customer’s satisfaction. In addition, motivated individuals who want to contribute in other ways will have opportunities to work on our collection of internal tools that automate the diagnosis of issues, making the entire team more efficient by reducing manual work.
A typical day in our Support team starts with a scrum meeting where we review open and unassigned cases and help each other with issues we’re stuck on. Working on active cases, we answer basic questions and also troubleshoot problems that range from the mundane to the fiendishly complicated (it helps if you enjoy a good challenge). We collaborate with each other throughout the day, via Slack or video calls. During down time, we build technical knowledge through training and tools development.
CloudBees has been a remote-work-first company since it was founded, and the majority of the DSE team works remotely. The existing team has a mix of backgrounds including system administrators, developers, support engineers, and devops engineers. We strive to provide everyone on the team with interesting challenges, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and a positive work/life balance.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Answer customer questions about product usage and best practices
- Diagnose complex technical issues and provide solutions or workarounds
- Communicate with customers through a ticketing system, with phone support sometimes required for complex or urgent issues
- Collaborate frequently with members of the Support and Engineering teams
- Contribute to documentation
- Contribute to internal software tools to automate diagnosis of customer issues
- Work a weekend on-call rotation every 4-8 weeks (daytime hours only)
WHO YOU ARE
A successful candidate will have:
- Basic Linux system administration knowledge
- Good communication skills (English language fluency required)
- The ability to work independently
- The ability to build knowledge of new technologies easily
- A sense of empathy with our customers
As previously mentioned, members of our team have a variety of past work experience, and each bring a different mix of skills to our team. The following are some examples of these skills, but by no means do we expect candidates to have all of them. If any of these fit with your experience, we would love to hear from you!
- System administration knowledge, especially Linux, storage, and/or networking
- Good working knowledge of popular DevOps tools and services such as: Jenkins, Docker, Artifactory/Nexus, Kubernetes, git & GitHub
- Knowledge of common enterprise environments & technologies such as LDAP & databases
- Knowledge of common web application architectures, SSL, REST API concepts, etc.
- Understanding of Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment concepts and practices
- Experience with cloud computing environments
- Programming experience, anything from shell scripting to Java development
- Open source community contributions, especially Jenkins
- Previous experience in customer-facing roles
- Computer Science / IT degree or equivalent work experience
- Certifications: Cloud computing providers, Kubernetes, etc.
HOW YOU WILL GROW
- Gain experience working with and troubleshooting a variety of tools used widely in the tech industry
- Enhance your career by completing industry-recognized technical certifications
- Manage projects and initiatives within the team, contributing to team goals
- Potential future opportunities to grow into management, engineering, or other field roles
- Play a key role in maintaining and growing company revenue over time
WHAT YOU'LL GET
- Highly competitive benefits and vacation package
- Ability to work for one of the fastest growing companies with some of the most talented people in the industry
- Team outings
- Fun, Hardworking, and Casual Environment
- Endless Growth Opportunities
At CloudBees, we truly believe that the more diverse we are, the better we serve our customers. A global community like Jenkins demands a global focus from CloudBees. Organizations with greater diversity—gender, racial, ethnic, and global—are stronger partners to their customers. Whether by creating more innovative products, or better understanding our worldwide customers, or establishing a stronger cross-section of cultural leadership skills, diversity strengthens all aspects of the CloudBees organization.
In the technology industry, diversity creates a competitive advantage. CloudBees customers demand technologies from us that solve their software development, and therefore their business problems, so that they can better serve their own customers. CloudBees attributes much of its success to its worldwide work force and commitment to global diversity, which opens our proprietary software to innovative ideas from anywhere. Along the way, we have witnessed firsthand how employees, partners, and customers with diverse perspectives and experiences contribute to creative problem solving and better solutions for our customers and their businesses.