Our Customers Develop Software at the Speed of Ideas
CloudBees is powering the continuous economy by offering the world’s first end-to-end continuous software delivery management system (SDM). For millions of developers and product teams driving innovation for businesses large or small, SDM builds on continuous integration (CI) and continuous delivery (CD) to enable all functions and teams within and around the software delivery organization to best work together to amplify value creation.
CloudBees is the continuous integration (CI), continuous delivery (CD) and application release automation (ARA) powerhouse built from the commercial success of its products and its open source leadership as the largest contributor to Jenkins and a founding member of the Continuous Delivery Foundation (CDF). With a globally distributed workforce of more than 500 employees, the company reflects the global nature of the DevOps movement. We believe in walking the talk! From startups with full-stack developers practicing NoOps to large Fortune 100 companies, CloudBees enables all software-driven organizations to intelligently deploy the right capabilities at the right time.
Over 3,500 of the world’s best known brands and over 50% of the Fortune 500, invest in CloudBees because of its ability to work across any cloud, in any development environment and to balance corporate governance and control with developer flexibility and freedom.
CloudBees is home to the world’s leading DevOps experts helping thousands of companies harness the power of “continuous everything” and putting them on the fastest path from great ideas, to great software, to great business value.
One of your first tasks will be to integrate with the engineering teams to help the team leverage the best services from AWS and GCP, to improve their velocity in delivering the product while continuously improving our reliability, minimizing alerts, and improving our visibility on the process and the use of our product.
Location / TimeZone: our preferred team member will work in US Eastern Time, US Central Time, or Central European Time working hours. We fully embrace remote working. We use remote tools extensively, including Slack and the Google productivity and collaboration tools (Google Workspace / G Suite).
What You'll Do
- Collaborate with existing project operations and CloudBees operations team members to ensure solutions fit into existing patterns.
- Design, development, integration, testing and delivery of infrastructure for engineering teams.
- Ongoing operational design and implementation work CloudBees infrastructure
- Handle operational incidents from initiation to resolution
- Drive architecture for major feature areas and drive decisions regarding key technologies
- Troubleshoot and debug software and infrastructural components including application of root cause analysis to find faults.
- Contribute fixes and enhancements to the various projects
- Tuning of monitoring, system design and alerting to reduce alert quantity, increase alert quality and ultimately eliminate alert fatigue.
- Assist with escalated support incidents
- Report on status of system faults and deliverables
- Ability to follow processes and complete work within a change controlled environment
What the Role Requires
- Self-motivated and driven personality
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills
- Ability to operate independently and ask questions when stuck
- Expertise of cloud-based operations on AWS (experience with Google Cloud is a plus)
- Strong experience with the "modern Ops stack", e.g. monitoring, alerting, cloud-based provisioning, Docker, Kubernetes.
- Strong experience with cluster orchestration tools (e.g. Kubernetes, Helm, Terraform, etc.)
- Experience with continuous integration / continuous delivery tools (experience writing pipelines in Jenkins is a plus)
- Experience with Linux systems administration
- Experience/understanding of configuration management tools
- Experience/familiarity with modern software engineering practices: code reviews, unit/acceptance testing, source control, etc.
What You’ll Get
- A highly competitive benefits and vacation package
- The opportunity to work for one of the fastest growing companies with some of the most talented people in the industry
- Fun, Hardworking, and Casual Environment
- Endless Growth Opportunities
At CloudBees, we truly believe that the more diverse we are, the better we serve our customers. A global community like Jenkins demands a global focus from CloudBees. Organizations with greater diversity—gender, racial, ethnic, and global—are stronger partners to their customers. Whether by creating more innovative products, or better understanding our worldwide customers, or establishing a stronger cross-section of cultural leadership skills, diversity strengthens all aspects of the CloudBees organization.
In the technology industry, diversity creates a competitive advantage. CloudBees customers demand technologies from us that solve their software development, and therefore their business problems, so that they can better serve their own customers. CloudBees attributes much of its success to its worldwide work force and commitment to global diversity, which opens our proprietary software to innovative ideas from anywhere. Along the way, we have witnessed firsthand how employees, partners, and customers with diverse perspectives and experiences contribute to creative problem solving and better solutions for our customers and their businesses.