Our Customers Develop Software at the Speed of Ideas
CloudBees is the continuous integration (CI), continuous delivery (CD), and application release automation (ARA) powerhouse built from the commercial success of its products and its open-source leadership as the largest contributor to Jenkins and a founding member of the Continuous Delivery Foundation (CDF).
We are powering the continuous economy by offering the world’s first end-to-end continuous software delivery management system (SDM). For millions of developers and product teams driving innovation for businesses large or small, SDM provides a layer of capabilities above CI, CD, and ARA to enable all functions and teams within and around the software delivery organization to best work together to amplify value creation.
With a globally distributed workforce of more than 500 employees, the company reflects the global nature of the DevOps movement. We believe in walking the talk! From startups with full-stack developers practicing NoOps to large Fortune 100 companies, CloudBees enables all software-driven organizations to intelligently deliver and deploy the right capabilities at the right time.
Over 3,500 of the world’s best-known brands and over 50% of the Fortune 500, invest in CloudBees because of its ability to work across any cloud, in any development environment and to balance corporate governance and control with developer flexibility and freedom.
CloudBees is home to the world’s leading DevOps experts helping thousands of companies harness the power of “continuous everything” and putting them on the fastest path from a great idea, to great software, to great business value.
WHY THIS POSITION?
This specific opening is for an exceptional candidate to step into the role of Senior Product Manager, overseeing the product management function for a key area of the business leading our market-leading enterprise offerings.
What You'll Do
- Create a vision and strategy for your product area
- Develop a firm understanding of key persona(s)
- Research and build-out an inventory of jobs to be done (JTBD)
- Lead the effort to build a bottoms-up product-led motion across key strategic products
- Work collaboratively with other product leaders and managers and coordinate dependencies in the context of broader overall product portfolio strategy
- Champion and evangelize highly collaborative cross-functional product delivery process, always thinking shift-left
- Identify market problems and prioritize them for product teams to solve
- Work closely with product managers and product marketers in your area to develop compelling messaging and positioning that explain technical and business value in simple, understandable terms
- Foster a culture of data-informed decision making and ensure that product data and instrumentation initiatives support that
- Establish strong trusting relationships with the field organization and regularly communicate product pipeline (aka roadmap) and deliverables
- Be hands-on with the products and technologies and engage deeply with users of CI/CD/ARA solutions to build empathy with customers and users and understand their pains
- Build that same level of user empathy within the cross-functional teams in your area
- Work closely with engineering to establish deliverables and schedules that align with product strategy and business goals
- Be an expert in competing for product offerings and the surrounding marketplace across the product delivery lifecycle
- Engage with the Jenkins open source community to strengthen CloudBees’ support of the community and visibility within it
What The Role Requires
- 5+ years as a software product manager
- Excellent understanding of the software development lifecycle
- Experience working within a dynamic, high growth product environment
- Strong understanding of CI, CD, ARA solutions
- Ability to demonstrate sound product management skills (analytical, business judgment, communication, and product discipline) in addition to technical awareness.
- Practical experience with CI, CD and/or ARA tools (Jenkins, Codeship, Gitlab, CircleCI, GoCD, ConcourseCI, Flow, XebiaLabs, etc)
- Ability to demonstrate exceptional teamwork across a highly distributed global organization
- Experience with Design Thinking approaches
- Knowledge of build tools/systems including Maven & Ant
- Knowledge of Jira and Confluence
- Knowledge of containerization and orchestration technology (Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift, Mesos) desirable
- Knowledge of IaaS (AWS, GCP, Azure etc)
- Solid understanding of testing methodologies at multiple levels of abstraction
What You’ll Get
- Highly competitive benefits and vacation package
- Ability to work for one of the fastest-growing companies with some of the most talented people in the industry
- Team outings
- Fun, Hardworking, and Casual Environment
- Endless Growth Opportunities
At CloudBees, we truly believe that the more diverse we are, the better we serve our customers. A global community like Jenkins demands a global focus from CloudBees. Organizations with greater diversity—gender, racial, ethnic, and global—are stronger partners to their customers. Whether by creating more innovative products, or better understanding our worldwide customers, or establishing a stronger cross-section of cultural leadership skills, diversity strengthens all aspects of the CloudBees organization.
In the technology industry, diversity creates a competitive advantage. CloudBees customers demand technologies from us that solve their software development, and therefore their business problems, so that they can better serve their own customers. CloudBees attributes much of its success to its worldwide work force and commitment to global diversity, which opens our proprietary software to innovative ideas from anywhere. Along the way, we have witnessed firsthand how employees, partners, and customers with diverse perspectives and experiences contribute to creative problem solving and better solutions for our customers and their businesses.