OUR CUSTOMERS DEVELOP SOFTWARE AT THE SPEED OF IDEAS
CloudBees is powering the continuous economy by offering the world’s first end-to-end continuous software delivery management system (SDM). For millions of developers and product teams driving innovation for businesses large or small, SDM builds on continuous integration (CI) and continuous delivery (CD) to enable all functions and teams within and around the software delivery organization to best work together to amplify value creation.
CloudBees is the continuous integration (CI), continuous delivery (CD) and application release automation (ARA) powerhouse built from the commercial success of its products and its open source leadership as the largest contributor to Jenkins and a founding member of the Continuous Delivery Foundation (CDF). With a globally distributed workforce of more than 500 employees, the company reflects the global nature of the DevOps movement. We believe in walking the talk! From startups with full-stack developers practicing NoOps to large Fortune 100 companies, CloudBees enables all software-driven organizations to intelligently deploy the right capabilities at the right time.
Over 3,500 of the world’s best known brands and over 50% of the Fortune 500, invest in CloudBees because of its ability to work across any cloud, in any development environment and to balance corporate governance and control with developer flexibility and freedom.
CloudBees is home to the world’s leading DevOps experts helping thousands of companies harness the power of “continuous everything” and putting them on the fastest path from great idea, to great software, to great business value.
Jenkins X is a reimagined CI/CD implementation for the Cloud, built on top of Kubernetes using Tekton, Knative, Prow, Skaffold and Helm. Jenkins X provides pipeline automation, built-in GitOps, and Preview Environments on Pull Requests to help teams collaborate and accelerate their software delivery.
This role is focused on building the next CloudBees CI/CD solution using Jenkins X. You will be part of a distributed team, working on technology to empower tomorrow developers. You will contribute to the development of CloudBees commercial products as well as working with the Jenkins X OSS community. You will have a chance to share your expertise with internal and external audiences by blogging, speaking at conferences, hosting webinars, and publishing tutorials.
What You’ll Do
- Work on Jenkins X - a new kind of CI/CD tool that is provided as a Kubernetes cloud service
- Shape the architecture and quality of backend services for the Jenkins X user interface
- Define API’s, contracts, and web socket communications to enable frontend functionality
- Collaborate with product management to gather requirements and establish acceptance criteria for new features
- “Drink our own champagne” by following industry best practices, including using Jenkins X to deploy and build our own services
- Contribute to the Jenkins X open source project
- Ensure the stability and reliability of the customer-facing parts of our application, including bug fixing and maintenance efforts
- Be curious to understand the “why” behind what you’re implementing and feel ownership over the solution that you ship to our users
- Deliver code with a quality-first mindset. Strong focus on automated testing
- Share your knowledge with the Jenkins X community via blog posts, conference talks, and online presentations
- Work from your home office (or one of the CloudBees offices, if you’d like) with a talented, distributed team of engineers from many backgrounds, collaborating on architecture and technology decisions in a direct and constructive way
- Work in a team with a strong feedback culture who push each other to constantly improve
What the Role Requires:
- 4+ years overall software engineering experience with statically typed languages (Java, C++, Go, etc...)
- Strong Kubernetes knowledge. Experience deploying and managing applications deployed on Kubernetes clusters
- Demonstrated experience leading feature development from start to finish
- Strong ability to communicate effectively with others
- Respect, humility, transparency, and a desire to work on a team
A preferred candidate will have:
- Experience with Kaniko or Skaffold
- Development experience with GoLang
- Hands-on CI/CD experience
- Experience working with remotely distributed teams
What You’ll Get
- Highly competitive benefits and vacation package
- Ability to work for one of the fastest growing companies with some of the most talented people in the industry
- Team outings
- Fun, Hardworking, and Casual Environment
- Endless Growth Opportunities
- We build our business on Jenkins X by offering enterprise solutions (CloudBees Core) and professional services, our customer range from the blue chips to small innovative companies
- We work on various projects in different areas. We are flexible about changing teams and assignments according to the interest and passion of engineers.
- Our Engineering teams are distributed by design. You can work from the office or remotely without feeling disconnected.
- You have an opportunity to contribute to open-source projects and communities during your working time.
- We offer an attractive benefits package including stock options
At CloudBees, we truly believe that the more diverse we are, the better we serve our customers. A global community like Jenkins demands a global focus from CloudBees. Organizations with greater diversity—gender, racial, ethnic, and global—are stronger partners to their customers. Whether by creating more innovative products, or better understanding our worldwide customers, or establishing a stronger cross-section of cultural leadership skills, diversity strengthens all aspects of the CloudBees organization.
In the technology industry, diversity creates a competitive advantage. CloudBees customers demand technologies from us that solve their software development, and therefore their business problems, so that they can better serve their own customers. CloudBees attributes much of its success to its worldwide work force and commitment to global diversity, which opens our proprietary software to innovative ideas from anywhere. Along the way, we have witnessed firsthand how employees, partners, and customers with diverse perspectives and experiences contribute to creative problem solving and better solutions for our customers and their businesses.