OUR CUSTOMERS DEVELOP SOFTWARE AT THE SPEED OF IDEAS
CloudBees is powering the continuous economy by offering the world’s first end-to-end continuous software delivery system. As every company is becoming a software company, and as software delivery practices evolve from slow, infrequent releases toward continuous delivery supported by CI/CD, DevOps practices and the cloud, this new software category will become the most mission critical new business system in the modern enterprise.
Over 3,500 of the world’s best known brands and over 50% of the Fortune 500, invest in CloudBees because of its ability to work across any cloud, in any development environment and to balance corporate governance and control with developer flexibility and freedom.
CloudBees is home to the world’s leading DevOps experts helping thousands of companies harness the power of “continuous everything” and putting them on the fastest path from great idea, to great software, to great business value.
Jenkins X is a reimagined CI/CD implementation for the Cloud, built on top of kubernetes using Tekton, Knative, Prow, Skaffold and Helm. Jenkins X provides pipeline automation, built-in GitOps, and Preview Environments on Pull Requests to help teams collaborate and accelerate their software delivery.
This role is focused on building the next CloudBees CI/CD solution using Jenkins X. You will be part of a distributed team, working on technology to empower tomorrow developers. You will contribute to the development of CloudBees commercial products as well as working with the Jenkins X OSS community. You will have a chance to share your expertise with internal and external audiences by blogging, speaking at conferences, hosting webinars, and publishing tutorials.
What You’ll Do
- Develop efficient and quality software applications and participate in architecture and design discussion
- Work as a contributor in the Jenkins X open-source community, deliver fixes and enhancements to the Jenkins X open source project
- Create and drive better metrics and monitoring initiatives to gain more insight into the behavior of our applications and services
- Significantly influence and contribute to the design and user experience of the project
- Collaborate in an environment made up of local and globally distributed remote team membersCollaborate with customers, partners and community to design and build microservices that extend Jenkins X and the CloudBees Suite
- Collaborate with product management, support and engineering teams in order to define priorities and roadmaps
- Share experience with CloudBees customers and other Jenkins X users: conferences, meetups, blog posts, etc.
- CloudBees is the hub of enterprise Jenkins and DevOps, providing the fastest path from ideas to software with smarter solutions for continuous development and delivery.
- We build our business on Jenkins by offering enterprise solutions, professional services, and our customer range from the blue chips to small innovative companies
- We work on various projects in different areas. We are flexible about changing teams and assignments according to the interest and passion of engineers.
- Our Engineering teams are distributed by design. You can work from one of our offices or remotely without feeling disconnected
- You have an opportunity to contribute to open-source projects and communities during your working time
- We work with a wide variety of emerging technologies including, Docker, Kubernetes, cloud computing platforms (Amazon Web Services, Pivotal, VMWare, etc.), ElasticSearch, etc.
- We offer an attractive benefits package including stock options
What The Role Requires
- 5+ years experience of backend application development with statically typed (e.g. Go, Java, C) and dynamically typed (e.g. JS, Ruby)
- History of taking ownership of initiatives and leading development efforts from task prioritization to delivery and ongoing support.
- Ability to debug and optimize code and to automate routine tasks.
- Experience with Behaviour Driven Development (BDD) or Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Systematic problem-solving approach and data driven decision-making
- Ability to clearly communicate your thoughts and rationalize complex workflows
- Expertise in designing, analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems is a plus
- Comfortable working closely with customers, partners and community to enable adoption
- Experience working with Kubernetes and Docker
- Knowledge of developer tools such as Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery systems, test tools, code quality tools, planning tools, IDEs and debugging tools
- Familiarity with Microservices architecture to implement scalable, distributed cloud native services
- Fully proficient in English written and spoken language
- Experience speaking at conferences and user groups would be an asset
What You’ll Get
- Highly competitive benefits and vacation package.
- Ability to work for one of the fastest growing companies with some of the most talented people in the industry.
- Team outings.
- Fun, Hardworking, and Casual Environment.
- Endless Growth Opportunities.
At CloudBees, we truly believe that the more diverse we are, the better we serve our customers. A global community like Jenkins demands a global focus from CloudBees. Organizations with greater diversity—gender, racial, ethnic, and global—are stronger partners to their customers. Whether by creating more innovative products, or better understanding our worldwide customers, or establishing a stronger cross-section of cultural leadership skills, diversity strengthens all aspects of the CloudBees organization.
In the technology industry, diversity creates a competitive advantage. CloudBees customers demand technologies from us that solve their software development, and therefore their business problems, so that they can better serve their own customers. CloudBees attributes much of its success to its worldwide work force and commitment to global diversity, which opens our proprietary software to innovative ideas from anywhere. Along the way, we have witnessed firsthand how employees, partners, and customers with diverse perspectives and experiences contribute to creative problem solving and better solutions for our customers and their businesses.