Our Customers Develop Software at the Speed of Ideas
CloudBees is powering the continuous economy by offering the world’s first end-to-end continuous software delivery management system (SDM). For millions of developers and product teams driving innovation for businesses large or small, SDM builds on continuous integration (CI) and continuous delivery (CD) to enable all functions and teams within and around the software delivery organization to best work together to amplify value creation.
CloudBees is the continuous integration (CI), continuous delivery (CD) and application release automation (ARA) powerhouse built from the commercial success of its products and its open source leadership as the largest contributor to Jenkins and a founding member of the Continuous Delivery Foundation (CDF). With a globally distributed workforce of more than 500 employees, the company reflects the global nature of the DevOps movement. We believe in walking the talk! From startups with full-stack developers practicing NoOps to large Fortune 100 companies, CloudBees enables all software-driven organizations to intelligently deploy the right capabilities at the right time.
Over 3,500 of the world’s best known brands and over 50% of the Fortune 500, invest in CloudBees because of its ability to work across any cloud, in any development environment and to balance corporate governance and control with developer flexibility and freedom.
CloudBees is home to the world’s leading DevOps experts helping thousands of companies harness the power of “continuous everything” and putting them on the fastest path from great idea, to great software, to great business value.
Why This Role
We’re looking for a mid- to senior-level Ruby on Rails engineer to join the development team working on CodeShip by CloudBees, a cloud-based CI/CD tool.
What You’ll Do
- Work on CodeShip, a leading CI/CD tool that is provided as a cloud service. Specifically, you’ll share ownership of a handful of components written in Ruby (including stuff like user/project management, user interfaces, elastic build machine management, and our public API, to name a few!) and be curious to learn languages and frameworks for other web components, like Vue.js and Golang.
- Be part of a broader Common Services team that delivers front office systems like the marketing website, documentation systems, user management portals using tools including Node, React and Postgres.
- Collaborate with our stellar product management team to implement new features for our growing customer base.
- Ensure the stability and reliability of customer-facing parts of our application, including bug-fix and maintenance work.
- Be curious to understand the “why” behind what you’re implementing and feel ownership over the solution that you ship to our users.
- Deeply understand how your code will be deployed and how it will run in production, including participating in a distributed on-call schedule. You’ll work with tools like AWS, Heroku, Redis, Sidekiq, Postgres, and Docker.
- Deliver code with a quality-first mindset.
- Work from your home office (or one of the CloudBees offices, if you’d like) with a talented, distributed team of engineers from many backgrounds, collaborating on architecture and technology decisions in a direct and constructive way.
- Work in a team with a strong feedback culture who push each other to improve.
What The Role Requires:
- 4+ years of experience in Ruby or similar programming language
- Demonstrated proficiency with Ruby, Rails, and supporting tools like RSpec.
- Ability to communicate effectively with others different from you
- Respect, humility, transparency, and a desire to work as a team
What You’ll Get:
- Highly competitive benefits and vacation package, including paid parental leave, stock options,
- Ability to work for one of the fastest growing companies with some of the most talented people in the industry
- Travel opportunities to meet with your team face-to-face
- A supportive environment to help you do your best work
- Career growth opportunities and access to top industry experts
If it excites you to work on a product that helps developers accelerate their software delivery and you’re passionate about building an application they will love to use, talk to us about joining the team building CodeShip by CloudBees. Our product helps developers build, test and release the best products imaginable each day.
A Bit More About CloudBees:
At CloudBees, we believe that the more diverse we are, the better we serve our customers. A global community like Jenkins demands a global focus from CloudBees. Organizations with greater diversity—gender, racial, ethnic, and global—are stronger partners to their customers. Whether by creating more innovative products, or better understanding our worldwide customers, or establishing a stronger cross-section of cultural leadership skills, diversity strengthens all aspects of the CloudBees organization.
In the technology industry, diversity creates a competitive advantage. CloudBees customers demand technologies from us that solve their software development, and therefore their business problems so that they can better serve their customers. CloudBees attributes much of its success to its worldwide workforce and commitment to global diversity, which opens our proprietary software to innovative ideas from anywhere. Along the way, we have witnessed firsthand how employees, partners, and customers with diverse perspectives and experiences contribute to creative problem solving and better solutions for our customers and their businesses.