Our Customers Develop Software at the Speed of Ideas
CloudBees is the hub of enterprise Jenkins and DevOps, providing companies with smarter solutions for accelerating the development and delivery of the software that fuels their business.
CloudBees is a globally distributed company with more than 500 employees in over 15 countries working together to invent a new category of software - one that automates the delivery of software. As every company in the world is becoming a software company, and as software delivery practices evolve from slow, infrequent releases toward continuous delivery supported by CI/CD, DevOps practices, and the cloud, this new software category will become the most mission critical new business system in the modern enterprise. CloudBees is enabling organizations to successfully adopt a whole product approach to creating value through software.
CloudBees was founded in 2010 by FOSS veterans from JBoss and RedHat and became the home of Enterprise Jenkins when they joined forces with Kohsuke Kawaguchi, CloudBees’ CTO today and the inventor of Jenkins. Jenkins is the world’s most widely deployed, flexible and capable CI/CD software platform, with 200,000 known installations and a vibrant ecosystem of over 1500 plugins and an estimated 20 million developers using Jenkins.
Why This Role
To support the delivery of the CloudBees engineering projects - the Operations team designs, deploys and manages a variety of software systems and the related AWS and GCP infrastructure that underpins these systems.
The CloudBees’ Operations team is available around the clock (in their respective time zones) to deliver highly available services to our engineering teams and customers.
The role of Operations within CloudBees is changing, moving from a centralized management model to a satellite model where engineering teams own and operate their respective systems.
As a Senior Operations engineer in the US, you will be responsible for triaging emergency requests, designing and implementing core system changes, and working with the Operations Manager to ensure continuity of service and prioritization of tasks.
What You'll Do
- Collaborate with Service team Operations and Core Operations team members to ensure solutions fit our long term strategies.
- Lead your time-zone - providing technical and process guidance for the US team
- Embed within engineering teams to guide their designs, processes and strategies for dealing with operational issues.
- Design, develop, test and deliver infrastructure for engineering teams.
- Lead ongoing operational design and implementation work CloudBees infrastructure
- Handle operational incidents from detection to post-mortem
- Drive architecture for major feature areas and gain consensus on key technologies
- Troubleshoot and debug software and infrastructural components including application of root cause analysis to find faults.
- Contribute fixes and enhancements to the open source projects
- Tune monitoring and alerting, re-engineer for site reliability to reduce alert quantity, increase alert quality and ultimately eliminate alert fatigue.
- Assist with escalated service and support incidents
- Report to the CloudBees Operations Manager on the status of system faults and deliverables
- Follow processes and complete work within a strongly (but sanely) change controlled environment
What the Role Requires
- Self-motivated and driven personality
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills
- Ability to operate independently - but ask questions when stuck
- Software development experience in a modern "Ops" language - e.g. Golang (preferred), Python, Ruby
- Experience with cloud-based operations - e.g. GCP (preferred), AWS or Azure
- Familiarity with the "modern Ops stack" - e.g. monitoring, observability, alerting, cloud-based provisioning, docker / k8s
- Experience with configuration management and monitoring tools - e.g. Git (preferred) / Github / AWS Config
- Experience / familiarity with modern software engineering practices: code reviews, unit / acceptance testing, source control, merge / release strategy etc
- Experience with cluster orchestration tools - e.g. terraform / k8s / helm / etc
- Experience with continuous integration / continuous delivery tools - e.g. Jenkins (preferred) / Jenkins-X / Codeship / Bamboo / TeamCity
- Experience working remotely
What You’ll Get
- A highly competitive benefits and vacation package
- The opportunity to work for one of the fastest growing companies with some of the most talented people in the industry
- Travel opportunities to meet with your team face-to-face
- A supportive environment to help you do your best work
- Career growth opportunities and access to top industry experts
- Work from your home office (or one of the CloudBees offices, if you’d like) with a talented, distributed team of engineers from many backgrounds, collaborating on architecture and technology decisions in a direct and constructive way.
If it excites you to work as part of a team that helps engineers accelerate their software delivery and you’re passionate about improving systems and killing technical debt then talk to us about joining the team building an operating the systems that underpin our environment.
Our products helps developers build, test and release the best products imaginable each day.
A Bit More About CloudBees
At CloudBees, we truly believe that the more diverse we are, the better we serve our customers. A global community like Jenkins demands a global focus from CloudBees. Organizations with greater diversity—gender, racial, ethnic, and global—are stronger partners to their customers. Whether by creating more innovative products, or better understanding our worldwide customers, or establishing a stronger cross-section of cultural leadership skills, diversity strengthens all aspects of the CloudBees organization.
In the technology industry, diversity creates a competitive advantage. CloudBees customers demand technologies from us that solve their software development, and therefore their business problems, so that they can better serve their own customers. CloudBees attributes much of its success to its worldwide work force and commitment to global diversity, which opens our proprietary software to innovative ideas from anywhere. Along the way, we have witnessed firsthand how employees, partners, and customers with diverse perspectives and experiences contribute to creative problem solving and better solutions for our customers and their businesses.