Our Customers Develop Software at the Speed of Ideas
CloudBees is powering the continuous economy by offering the world’s first end-to-end continuous software delivery management system (SDM). For millions of developers and product teams driving innovation for businesses large or small, SDM builds on continuous integration (CI) and continuous delivery (CD) to enable all functions and teams within and around the software delivery organization to best work together to amplify value creation.
CloudBees is the continuous integration (CI), continuous delivery (CD) and application release automation (ARA) powerhouse built from the commercial success of its products and its open source leadership as the largest contributor to Jenkins and a founding member of the Continuous Delivery Foundation (CDF). With a globally distributed workforce of more than 500 employees, the company reflects the global nature of the DevOps movement. We believe in walking the talk! From startups with full-stack developers practicing NoOps to large Fortune 100 companies, CloudBees enables all software-driven organizations to intelligently deploy the right capabilities at the right time.
Over 3,500 of the world’s best known brands and over 50% of the Fortune 500, invest in CloudBees because of its ability to work across any cloud, in any development environment and to balance corporate governance and control with developer flexibility and freedom.
CloudBees is home to the world’s leading DevOps experts helping thousands of companies harness the power of “continuous everything” and putting them on the fastest path from great idea, to great software, to great business value.
Why This Role
To support the delivery of the CloudBees engineering projects - the Operations team designs, deploys and manages a variety of software systems and the related AWS and GCP infrastructure that underpins these systems.
The CloudBees’ Operations team is available around the clock (in their respective time zones) to deliver highly available services to our engineering teams and customers.
The role of Operations within CloudBees is changing, moving from a centralized management model to a satellite model where engineering teams own and operate their respective systems.
As a Senior Operations engineer in the US, you will be responsible for triaging emergency requests, designing and implementing core system changes, and working with the Operations Manager to ensure continuity of service and prioritization of tasks.
What You'll Do
- Collaborate with Service team Operations and Core Operations team members to ensure solutions fit our long term strategies.
- Lead your time-zone - providing technical and process guidance for the US team
- Embed within engineering teams to guide their designs, processes and strategies for dealing with operational issues.
- Design, develop, test and deliver infrastructure for engineering teams.
- Lead ongoing operational design and implementation work CloudBees infrastructure
- Handle operational incidents from detection to post-mortem
- Drive architecture for major feature areas and gain consensus on key technologies
- Troubleshoot and debug software and infrastructural components including application of root cause analysis to find faults.
- Contribute fixes and enhancements to the open source projects
- Tune monitoring and alerting, re-engineer for site reliability to reduce alert quantity, increase alert quality and ultimately eliminate alert fatigue.
- Assist with escalated service and support incidents
- Report to the CloudBees Operations Manager on the status of system faults and deliverables
- Follow processes and complete work within a strongly (but sanely) change controlled environment
What the Role Requires
- Self-motivated and driven personality
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills
- Ability to operate independently - but ask questions when stuck
- Software development experience in a modern "Ops" language - e.g. Golang (preferred), Python, Ruby
- Experience with cloud-based operations - e.g. GCP (preferred), AWS or Azure
- Familiarity with the "modern Ops stack" - e.g. monitoring, observability, alerting, cloud-based provisioning, docker / k8s
- Experience with configuration management and monitoring tools - e.g. Git (preferred) / Github / AWS Config
- Experience / familiarity with modern software engineering practices: code reviews, unit / acceptance testing, source control, merge / release strategy etc
- Experience with cluster orchestration tools - e.g. terraform / k8s / helm / etc
- Experience with continuous integration / continuous delivery tools - e.g. Jenkins (preferred) / Jenkins-X / Codeship / Bamboo / TeamCity
- Experience working remotely
What You’ll Get
- A highly competitive benefits and vacation package
- The opportunity to work for one of the fastest growing companies with some of the most talented people in the industry
- Travel opportunities to meet with your team face-to-face
- A supportive environment to help you do your best work
- Career growth opportunities and access to top industry experts
- Work from your home office (or one of the CloudBees offices, if you’d like) with a talented, distributed team of engineers from many backgrounds, collaborating on architecture and technology decisions in a direct and constructive way.
If it excites you to work as part of a team that helps engineers accelerate their software delivery and you’re passionate about improving systems and killing technical debt then talk to us about joining the team building an operating the systems that underpin our environment.
Our products helps developers build, test and release the best products imaginable each day.
A Bit More About CloudBees
At CloudBees, we truly believe that the more diverse we are, the better we serve our customers. A global community like Jenkins demands a global focus from CloudBees. Organizations with greater diversity—gender, racial, ethnic, and global—are stronger partners to their customers. Whether by creating more innovative products, or better understanding our worldwide customers, or establishing a stronger cross-section of cultural leadership skills, diversity strengthens all aspects of the CloudBees organization.
In the technology industry, diversity creates a competitive advantage. CloudBees customers demand technologies from us that solve their software development, and therefore their business problems, so that they can better serve their own customers. CloudBees attributes much of its success to its worldwide work force and commitment to global diversity, which opens our proprietary software to innovative ideas from anywhere. Along the way, we have witnessed firsthand how employees, partners, and customers with diverse perspectives and experiences contribute to creative problem solving and better solutions for our customers and their businesses.