OUR CUSTOMERS DEVELOP SOFTWARE AT THE SPEED OF IDEAS
CloudBees is powering the continuous economy by offering the world’s first end-to-end continuous software delivery management system (SDM). For millions of developers and product teams driving innovation for businesses large or small, SDM builds on continuous integration (CI) and continuous delivery (CD) to enable all functions and teams within and around the software delivery organization to best work together to amplify value creation.
CloudBees is the continuous integration (CI), continuous delivery (CD) and application release automation (ARA) powerhouse built from the commercial success of its products and its open source leadership as the largest contributor to Jenkins and a founding member of the Continuous Delivery Foundation (CDF). With a globally distributed workforce of more than 500 employees, the company reflects the global nature of the DevOps movement. We believe in walking the talk! From startups with full-stack developers practicing NoOps to large Fortune 100 companies, CloudBees enables all software-driven organizations to intelligently deploy the right capabilities at the right time.
Over 3,500 of the world’s best known brands and over 50% of the Fortune 500, invest in CloudBees because of its ability to work across any cloud, in any development environment and to balance corporate governance and control with developer flexibility and freedom.
CloudBees is home to the world’s leading DevOps experts helping thousands of companies harness the power of “continuous everything” and putting them on the fastest path from great idea, to great software, to great business value.
Rollout is a powerful Feature Management System, and a core component of the CloudBees software delivery ecosystem. Rollout enables you to accelerate development and minimize the risk of deploying new code with feature flags and controlled rollouts.
This role is for a full stack Engineer to help us develop the next iteration of Rollout, build new capabilities on top of the existing solution and improve the product to make it simpler to use. As a developer you are in a unique position to influence the product requirements and priorities, the tool is being used by the team is to manage our own features and rollouts and the designated audience for a feature flagging solution is exactly the full stack engineer persona. You will also collaborate with other teams in CloudBees and contribute to our core commercial products. You’ll have a chance to share your expertise with internal and external audiences by blogging, speaking at conferences, hosting webinars, and publishing tutorials.
What You’ll Do
- Build system to allow our customer to seamlessly rollout features quickly and safely
- Collaborate with product management, support and engineering teams in order to define priorities and roadmaps, and support our customers using Rollout
- Collaborate with customers, partners and community to design and build Rollout and the CloudBees Suite
- Work with the building blocks of the cloud native ecosystem: Kubernetes, Helm, Prow, Docker and others
- Share experience with CloudBees customers and other Rollout users: conferences, meetups, blog posts, etc.
- We build our business on software delivery, by offering enterprise solutions and professional services, our customer range from the blue chips to small innovative companies
- We work on various projects in different areas. We are flexible about changing teams and assignments according to the interest and passion of engineers.
- Our Engineering teams are distributed by design. You can work from the office or remotely without feeling disconnected.
- You have an opportunity to contribute to open-source projects and communities during your working time.
- We offer an attractive benefits package including stock options.
What The Role Requires
- 5+ years experience developing more than one language, experience with both statically typed (e.g. Go, Java, C) and dynamically typed (e.g. JS, Ruby) language is an advantage
- Experience with React/Redux frontend development - huge benefit
- Experience working with Kubernetes, Docker, and the cloud native ecosystem is a benefit
- Experience creating technical materials (reference guides, tutorials, howtos, videos, best practice guides) is a huge benefit
- A focus on teamwork and supporting your peers
- Ability to communicate highly complex technical concepts to external partners, including Sales, Customer Support, and Marketing
- Knowledge of developer tools such as Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery systems, test tools, code quality tools, planning tools, IDEs and debugging tools
- Self-motivated and driven personality. Experience working in a remote environment is a plus.
- Fully proficient in English written and spoken language
What You’ll Get
- Highly competitive benefits and vacation package
- Ability to work for one of the fastest growing companies with some of the most talented people in the industry
- Team outings
- Fun, hardworking, and casual environment
- Endless growth opportunities
At CloudBees, we truly believe that the more diverse we are, the better we serve our customers. A global community like Jenkins demands a global focus from CloudBees. Organizations with greater diversity—gender, racial, ethnic, and global—are stronger partners to their customers. Whether by creating more innovative products, or better understanding our worldwide customers, or establishing a stronger cross-section of cultural leadership skills, diversity strengthens all aspects of the CloudBees organization.
In the technology industry, diversity creates a competitive advantage. CloudBees customers demand technologies from us that solve their software development, and therefore their business problems, so that they can better serve their own customers. CloudBees attributes much of its success to its worldwide work force and commitment to global diversity, which opens our proprietary software to innovative ideas from anywhere. Along the way, we have witnessed firsthand how employees, partners, and customers with diverse perspectives and experiences contribute to creative problem solving and better solutions for our customers and their businesses.