*Onsite in Raleigh or remote on the US East Coast
Our Customers Develop Software at the Speed of Ideas
CloudBees is powering the continuous economy by offering the world’s first end-to-end continuous software delivery management system (SDM). For millions of developers and product teams driving innovation for businesses large or small, SDM builds on continuous integration (CI) and continuous delivery (CD) to enable all functions and teams within and around the software delivery organization to best work together to amplify value creation.
CloudBees is the continuous integration (CI), continuous delivery (CD) and application release automation (ARA) powerhouse built from the commercial success of its products and its open source leadership as the largest contributor to Jenkins and a founding member of the Continuous Delivery Foundation (CDF). With a globally distributed workforce of more than 500 employees, the company reflects the global nature of the DevOps movement. We believe in walking the talk! From startups with full-stack developers practicing NoOps to large Fortune 100 companies, CloudBees enables all software-driven organizations to intelligently deploy the right capabilities at the right time.
Over 3,500 of the world’s best known brands and over 50% of the Fortune 500, invest in CloudBees because of its ability to work across any cloud, in any development environment and to balance corporate governance and control with developer flexibility and freedom.
CloudBees is home to the world’s leading DevOps experts helping thousands of companies harness the power of “continuous everything” and putting them on the fastest path from great idea, to great software, to great business value.
Why This Position?
This specific opening for a chief software architect is being created because CloudBees’ evolution from making Jenkins and CI/CD scalable, secure and enterprise ready to building a new system for automating software delivery requires experience in architecting successful enterprise software systems that manage complex business processes for a wide range of customer organizations - something common in the ERP, CRM, HRIS and related categories that serve traditional business functions, but new to the software development function.
What You’ll Do
- Drive the overall technical architecture of the CloudBees Suite including technology platforms, protocols, APIs, data and process models, persistence, runtime environments and security models
- Ensure that the CloudBees Suite becomes the system of record for its customers’ software development processes, organizations, software portfolios, and key metrics
- Anticipate and plan for issues related to customization, extension, migration, upgrades of the CloudBees’ Suite in customer implementations over time
- Drive resolution to conflicts over technical architecture within all components of the CloudBees Suite
What The Role Requires
- Demonstrated success in driving the technical architecture of successful enterprise packaged software and SaaS solutions that manage critical business processes from early versions through and beyond > $250 million in annual revenues and 1000s of customer accounts in a range of industry verticals and including Fortune 500 class accounts; most likely in the categories of CRM, ERP, marketing automation or HRIS
- Ability to grasp and translate disruptive product vision into concrete execution
- Deep technical knowledge of the major cloud platforms and their ecosystems, Kubernetes, Docker, microservices, containers, orchestration and approaches to legacy application modernization for a cloud native world
- Familiarity with the business and technical strategies of all of the major and high profile emerging players in the devops space
- High degree of fluency in contemporary software development tools and practices including CI/CD, gitops, devops, devsecops, test automation, mobile development, OSS, and agile
- Maintenance of direct hands on software development skills and continued personal practice of learning new languages, tools, platforms
- Working knowledge of governance and compliance concepts as applied to software development and IT operations
- Personal reputation for being readily respected by engineers, PMs and executives alike
- History of effectiveness at leading by building alignment and consensus, not position power
- Strong written and verbal skills to drive productive discussions across a wide group of stakeholder
What You’ll Get
- Highly competitive benefits and vacation package
- Ability to work for one of the fastest growing companies with some of the most talented people in the industry
- Team outings
- Fun, Hardworking, and Casual Environment
- Endless Growth Opportunities
At CloudBees, we truly believe that the more diverse we are, the better we serve our customers. A global community like Jenkins demands a global focus from CloudBees. Organizations with greater diversity—gender, racial, ethnic, and global—are stronger partners to their customers. Whether by creating more innovative products, or better understanding our worldwide customers, or establishing a stronger cross-section of cultural leadership skills, diversity strengthens all aspects of the CloudBees organization.
In the technology industry, diversity creates a competitive advantage. CloudBees customers demand technologies from us that solve their software development, and therefore their business problems, so that they can better serve their own customers. CloudBees attributes much of its success to its worldwide work force and commitment to global diversity, which opens our proprietary software to innovative ideas from anywhere. Along the way, we have witnessed firsthand how employees, partners, and customers with diverse perspectives and experiences contribute to creative problem solving and better solutions for our customers and their businesses.