Our Customers Develop Software at the Speed of Ideas
CloudBees is the hub of enterprise Jenkins and DevOps, providing companies with smarter solutions for comprehensively managing software delivery as a differentiating and core part of the business.
CloudBees is a globally distributed company with more than 500 employees in over 15 countries working together to invent a new category of software - one that automates the delivery of software. As every company in the world is becoming a software company, and as software delivery practices evolve from slow, infrequent releases toward continuous delivery supported by CI/CD, DevOps practices, and the cloud, this new software category will become the most mission critical new business system in the modern enterprise. CloudBees is enabling organizations to successfully adopt a whole product approach to creating value through software.
CloudBees was founded in 2010 by FOSS veterans from JBoss and RedHat and became the home of Enterprise Jenkins when they joined forces with Kohsuke Kawaguchi, CloudBees’ CTO today and the inventor of Jenkins. Jenkins is the world’s most widely deployed, flexible and capable CI/CD software platform, with 200,000 known installations and a vibrant ecosystem of over 1,500 plugins and an estimated 20 million developers using Jenkins.
The CloudBees product and engineering organizations include some of the world’s most respected contributors to the tools, languages and practices behind modern software development. Because CloudBees is a distributed company, it’s also been able to draw on a global talent pool and maintain a very high bar for intellect, technical skill and work culture. Nearly every Bee has chosen to work at CloudBees because of a personal conviction of the transformative power of continuous delivery practices in every function in software development, and every Bee has been actively chosen for being amongst the best at what they do in the world. This leads to a sense of shared mission and mutual respect that makes CloudBees a truly special place to work.
In our current expansion of the product and engineering organization, we are seeking both to augment our world-class team with some key additional roles that are new and required for our next phase, as well as additional capacity in roles that are already well established at the company. No matter what you do in and around software development, if you believe in continuous delivery and you are world class at what you do, there is likely a role for you.
- CloudBees is the hub of enterprise Jenkins and DevOps, providing the fastest path from ideas to software with smarter solutions for continuous development and delivery
- We build our business on Jenkins by offering enterprise solutions (CloudBees Jenkins Platform) and professional services. Our customers range from the blue chips to small innovative companies
- We work on various projects in different areas. We are flexible about changing teams and assignments according to the interest and passion of engineers
- Our Engineering teams are distributed by design. You can work from the office or remotely without feeling disconnected
- You have an opportunity to contribute to open-source projects and communities during your working time
- We work with a wide variety of emerging technologies including, Docker, Kubernetes, cloud computing platforms (Amazon Web Services, Pivotal, VMWare, etc.), ElasticSearch, etc.
- We offer an attractive benefits package including stock options
What You’ll Do
- Work in a high velocity team in all aspects of product development
- Collaborate with product management, support and engineering teams in order to define problems, define priorities and plan development sprints
- Work with all stakeholders on feature discovery and feature delivery, including prototyping, design, coding, testing, code reviews, integration.
- Work with the rest of our Front End engineering team to provide useful, compelling, high quality, responsive User Interfaces to our products.
- Drive architecture for major feature areas and drive decisions regarding key technologies
- Share experience with CloudBees customers and other Jenkins users: conferences, meetups, blog posts, etc.
- Contribute to customer engagement, help with escalations from the support team
- Participate in team and company meetings
What The Role Requires
- Experience with Java, Jelly and React is highly desirable. Experience with SVG is a plus.
- Experience with Agile development is highly desired
- Experience with Continuous Integration.
- Experience with Continuous Deployment is a plus.
- Self-motivated and driven personality
- Ability to work remotely; we are a remote-first team but we do regular face-to-face meetings
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills
- Experience working in a high velocity product
- Expertise with a SaaS product, in fast development cycles is a plus
- Fully proficient in English written and spoken language
What You’ll Get
- Highly competitive benefits and vacation package
- Ability to work for one of the fastest growing companies with some of the most talented people in the industry
- Team outings
- Fun, Hardworking, and Casual Environment
- Endless Growth Opportunities
At CloudBees, we truly believe that the more diverse we are, the better we serve our customers. A global community like Jenkins demands a global focus from CloudBees. Organizations with greater diversity—gender, racial, ethnic, and global—are stronger partners to their customers. Whether by creating more innovative products, or better understanding our worldwide customers, or establishing a stronger cross-section of cultural leadership skills, diversity strengthens all aspects of the CloudBees organization.
In the technology industry, diversity creates a competitive advantage. CloudBees customers demand technologies from us that solve their software development, and therefore their business problems, so that they can better serve their own customers. CloudBees attributes much of its success to its worldwide work force and commitment to global diversity, which opens our proprietary software to innovative ideas from anywhere. Along the way, we have witnessed firsthand how employees, partners, and customers with diverse perspectives and experiences contribute to creative problem solving and better solutions for our customers and their businesses.