Our Customers Develop Software at the Speed of Ideas
CloudBees is the hub of enterprise Jenkins and DevOps, providing companies with smarter solutions for comprehensively managing software delivery as a differentiating and core part of the business.
CloudBees is a globally distributed company with more than 500 employees in over 15 countries working together to invent a new category of software - one that automates the delivery of software. As every company in the world is becoming a software company, and as software delivery practices evolve from slow, infrequent releases toward continuous delivery supported by CI/CD, DevOps practices, and the cloud, this new software category will become the most mission critical new business system in the modern enterprise. CloudBees is enabling organizations to successfully adopt a whole product approach to creating value through software.
CloudBees was founded in 2010 by FOSS veterans from JBoss and RedHat and became the home of Enterprise Jenkins when they joined forces with Kohsuke Kawaguchi, CloudBees’ CTO today and the inventor of Jenkins. Jenkins is the world’s most widely deployed, flexible and capable CI/CD software platform, with 200,000 known installations and a vibrant ecosystem of over 1,500 plugins and an estimated 20 million developers using Jenkins.
What You’ll Do
Software Delivery Management (SDM) is the next critical horizon for organizations. As a superset Application Release Orchestration (ARO) and Application Release Automation (ARA) this is the next wave of automation and efficiency for any organization that cares about software.
As the thought leaders of the SDM space, this role will provide mentorship, design, and consulting to organizations seeking to further their Software Delivery practices. Helping organizations map out complex enterprise application dependencies, look for improvements and automation opportunities as well as make recommendations on more efficient ways of delivering value to customers. A Senior SDM Consultant understands a variety of enterprise release patterns and has previously been intimately involved with software delivery in a consultative role.
- Create an SDM vision for top global and Fortune 100 organizations driving the next wave of advancement in software delivery
- Asses, Understand, and guide customers through their Continuous Delivery and SDM journeys
- Provide technical thought leadership for organizations and expert advice related to software design, architecture, and tooling as it relates to improving software delivery across the enterprise
- Implement SDM automation and tracking tooling such as CloudBees Flow, CloudBees DevOptics and others to help organizations track key metrics, implement automation, and visualization to gain true enterprise wide visibility and automation
- Implement workflows and application release orchestration as code to drive towards everything as code
What The Role Requires
- Experience in fast-moving automation release environments using a variety of tools across configuration management, infrastructure orchestration, and IT Service Management
- Deep understanding of enterprise application design, dependencies, as well as working across modern and legacy applications
- At least 3 years of consulting/professional services experience
- Understanding of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery ecosystems and requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field
Travel- 75% (includes both customer and internal related travel)
What You’ll Get
- Highly competitive benefits and vacation package
- Ability to work for one of the fastest growing companies with some of the most talented people in the industry
- Team outings
- Fun, Hardworking, and Casual Environment
- Endless Growth Opportunities
At CloudBees, we truly believe that the more diverse we are, the better we serve our customers. A global community like Jenkins demands a global focus from CloudBees. Organizations with greater diversity—gender, racial, ethnic, and global—are stronger partners to their customers. Whether by creating more innovative products, or better understanding our worldwide customers, or establishing a stronger cross-section of cultural leadership skills, diversity strengthens all aspects of the CloudBees organization.
In the technology industry, diversity creates a competitive advantage. CloudBees customers demand technologies from us that solve their software development, and therefore their business problems, so that they can better serve their own customers. CloudBees attributes much of its success to its worldwide work force and commitment to global diversity, which opens our proprietary software to innovative ideas from anywhere. Along the way, we have witnessed firsthand how employees, partners, and customers with diverse perspectives and experiences contribute to creative problem solving and better solutions for our customers and their businesses.