Our Customers Develop Software at the Speed of Ideas
CloudBees is the hub of enterprise Jenkins and DevOps, providing companies with smarter solutions for comprehensively managing software delivery as a differentiating and core part of the business.
CloudBees is a globally distributed company with more than 500 employees in over 15 countries working together to invent a new category of software - one that automates the delivery of software. As every company in the world is becoming a software company, and as software delivery practices evolve from slow, infrequent releases toward continuous delivery supported by CI/CD, DevOps practices, and the cloud, this new software category will become the most mission critical new business system in the modern enterprise. CloudBees is enabling organizations to successfully adopt a whole product approach to creating value through software.
CloudBees was founded in 2010 by FOSS veterans from JBoss and RedHat and became the home of Enterprise Jenkins when they joined forces with Kohsuke Kawaguchi, CloudBees’ CTO today and the inventor of Jenkins. Jenkins is the world’s most widely deployed, flexible and capable CI/CD software platform, with 200,000 known installations and a vibrant ecosystem of over 1,500 plugins and an estimated 20 million developers using Jenkins.
As an increasing number of large enterprises adopt Continuous Delivery (and DevOps) as a foundation for their business agility, we are in need of technical leaders to help our largest customers navigate the operational challenges of Continuous Delivery. You will work one-on-one with our top-tier customers, supporting the software development lifecycle for their business, management of their active subscriptions, and business relationships with CloudBees.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to help shape and execute a strategy to build mindshare and broad use of the CloudBees Continuous Delivery Platform within organizations ranging from new start-ups to established enterprise customers. You must possess customer-facing skills that enable you to represent CloudBees well within a customer’s environment and drive discussions with senior personnel regarding incidents, design choices, best practices, and risk management. You should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges as you help our customers take advantage of the efficiencies, cost savings and quick innovation available only with CloudBees Continuous Delivery Platform.
As a DevOps Consultant, you will be the primary point of contact for select customers, leveraging your broad experience to guide them while architecting, implementing and improving their Continuous Delivery pipelines. You will act as a facilitator across each customer’s internal teams to resolve issues and promote common solutions. Within CloudBees, you will act as the voice of the customer to provide more visibility into problems and represent their specific business needs. This is a full time, salaried position.
What You'll Do
- Champion and advocate for Enterprise customers within CloudBees (be their voice)
- Solve technical issues and work directly with other CloudBees teams to ensure that customer issues are resolved as expediently as possible
- Participate in detailed architectural discussions, calling on CloudBees subject matter experts as needed, to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment
- Help customers of any size define IT and business processes that work well with CI/CD deployments
- Engage with Director and C-Level executives to translate business needs into technical and operational plans
- Provide detailed reviews of service metrics to customer leadership
What The Role Requires
- Jenkins CI experience required
- 5+ years design/implementation/operations/consulting experience with distributed applications
- Understanding of Docker and microservice architectures
- Exposure to Kubernetes
- Experience managing large scale environments including escalations, incident, problem, and service availability
- Customer-facing experience as a technical lead
- Ability to communicate effectively across internal and external organizations
- Presentation skills; high degree of comfort with both large and small audiences
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required; Computer Science or Math background highly desired; working knowledge of software development practices, system administration and configuration management highly desired
- Familiarity with project management concepts and practices
- Scripting / Automation
- Local travel to customers
What You’ll Get
- Highly competitive benefits and vacation package
- Ability to work for one of the fastest growing companies with some of the most talented people in the industry
- Industry Certifications
- Team outings
- Fun, Hardworking, and Casual Environment
- Endless Growth Opportunities
At CloudBees, we truly believe that the more diverse we are, the better we serve our customers. A global community like Jenkins demands a global focus from CloudBees. Organizations with greater diversity—gender, racial, ethnic, and global—are stronger partners to their customers. Whether by creating more innovative products, or better understanding our worldwide customers, or establishing a stronger cross-section of cultural leadership skills, diversity strengthens all aspects of the CloudBees organization.
In the technology industry, diversity creates a competitive advantage. CloudBees customers demand technologies from us that solve their software development, and therefore their business problems, so that they can better serve their own customers. CloudBees attributes much of its success to its worldwide work force and commitment to global diversity, which opens our proprietary software to innovative ideas from anywhere. Along the way, we have witnessed firsthand how employees, partners, and customers with diverse perspectives and experiences contribute to creative problem solving and better solutions for our customers and their businesses.