Our Customers Develop Software at the Speed of Ideas
CloudBees is building the World’s First End-to-End Continuous Software Delivery System
We’ve taken Jenkins – the most popular, trusted platform for automated software delivery in use by over 1,000,000 DevOps professionals around the world – and added enterprise-grade security, scalability, manageability and expert-level support.
CloudBees DevOptics provides visibility and insights into the software delivery system. At CloudBees we believe in software delivery performance being critical to business success and are working passionately on allowing product teams to understand and improve software delivery via end to end visibility and actionable insights based on data collected and analysed from across the development lifecycle.
As a Product Manager for CloudBees DevOptics, you’ll work within the DevOptics product team and closely collaborate with Engineering, Design, Product Marketing, and Documentation, to deliver a great experience to our end users.
You will have end-to-end responsibility--for problem discovery and user story refinement all the way through to delivering optimal solutions to the problems you identified and validated. You’ll work directly with sales, marketing and customer success, communicating the what and why of new product deliverables.
We’re looking for someone who can solve problems creatively and collaboratively, and work effectively in a diverse, geographically distributed team environment across business and technical domains. At CloudBees it’s in our culture to learn, adapt and improve, so you’ll also be someone who isn’t afraid to try experiment and try new things!
What You'll Do
- Identify, define, and prioritize market problems
- Work collaboratively with other software Product Managers and coordinate on dependencies
- Work closely with engineering to establish deliverables and schedules that align with sales and marketing goals
- Work closely with marketing to drive pipeline and provide supporting content and messaging
- Work closely with sales to support sales activity, including developing technical collateral and demos
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications and participating in professional societies.
- Be a market expert, understanding competing product offerings and the surrounding marketplace across the product delivery lifecycle
- Develop messaging and positioning to explain technical and business value in simple, understandable terms
- Brief sales and solutions architects on product deliverables
- Analyze and breakdown complex business problems and communicate them to the team
- Prioritize issues ensuring product backlogs are regularly reviewed
- Define industry best practices for measuring software delivery performance
What The Role Requires
- 2-7 years experience in product management OR an allied technical customer-facing role:
- as a product manager or product owner, preferably working with development teams using Agile methodologies (Scrum)
- Your experience can also come from roles in customer success, technical account management, pre-sales engineering, or professional services.
- Whatever your background, ideally you’ve been in a customer-facing role which required you to communicate complex technical concepts from the “big picture” to specific details of the solution, whether as a product manager, CSM, TAM, SE, or PSE.
- Demonstrated ability to have done ANY two (or more) of these things with software:
- You wrote or contributed to it: you can code, and have done so professionally or for an open source project. Bonus points if your code has found its way into working, commercially available software or been committed to the source code of an open source project.
- You owned the technical relationship with a customer and managed that relationship successfully.
- You came up with a valuable problem to solve: you wrote the problem statements, you wrote the requirements or user stories to address the problem, and communicated these effectively to developers and stakeholders
- You drove the solution for it: you talked to the users/customers, understood the market problem, then distilled and prioritised the requirements
- You shipped and delivered it: you finished what you (or someone else) started when the problem statements and requirements were written and you successfully delivered a product or solution that met user/market needs.
- You implemented it: either for a customer who realized the value of the solution OR you became an expert practitioner using it in a technical role.
- Background working on products related to DevOps solutions delivered as SaaS or in the cloud (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Demonstrated ability to use logic, reasoning, and data to identify the strengths and weaknesses of potential solutions, conclusions, and approaches to market problems. You understand the difference between “want” and “need.”
- Demonstrated ability to clearly define user and market problems and demonstrate sound product management skills (analytical, business judgement, communication and product discipline) to make decisions and drive solutions.
- Strong understanding of the software development lifecycle, from idea to production.
- Ability to demonstrate exceptional teamwork and communication across a diverse, geographically distributed organization.
- Strong understanding of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery solutions (Jenkins, Codeship, Gitlab, CircleCI, GoCD, ConcourseCI, etc.)
- Track record of driving requirements and releases for fast moving development organization using Continuous Delivery practices.
- 3+ years working experience in a software development organization
- Experience as product owner in agile organization
- Experience with Design Thinking approaches
What You’ll Get
- A highly competitive benefits and vacation package
- The opportunity to work for one of the fastest growing companies with some of the most talented people in the industry
- Cool team outings (To Málaga for instance!)
- Fun, Hardworking, and Casual Environment
- Endless Growth Opportunities
At CloudBees, we truly believe that the more diverse we are, the better we serve our customers. A global community like Jenkins demands a global focus from CloudBees. Organizations with greater diversity—gender, racial, ethnic, and global—are stronger partners to their customers. Whether by creating more innovative products, or better understanding our worldwide customers, or establishing a stronger cross-section of cultural leadership skills, diversity strengthens all aspects of the CloudBees organization.
In the technology industry, diversity creates a competitive advantage. CloudBees customers demand technologies from us that solve their software development, and therefore their business problems, so that they can better serve their own customers. CloudBees attributes much of its success to its worldwide work force and commitment to global diversity, which opens our proprietary software to innovative ideas from anywhere. Along the way, we have witnessed firsthand how employees, partners, and customers with diverse perspectives and experiences contribute to creative problem solving and better solutions for our customers and their businesses.