We’re powering the continuous economy by building the world’s first end to end system for automated software delivery.
CloudBees is a globally distributed company with approaching 400 employees in over 15 countries working together to invent a new category of software - one that automates the delivery of software. As every company in the world is becoming a software company, and as software delivery practices evolve from slow, infrequent releases toward continuous delivery supported by CI/CD, DevOps practices and the cloud, this new software category will become the most mission critical new business system in the modern enterprise. As today’s clear leader in CI/CD, CloudBees is uniquely positioned to define and lead this new category and is expanding its product and engineering organization in order to do so.
CloudBees was founded in 2010 by FOSS veterans from JBoss and RedHat and became the home of Enterprise Jenkins when they joined forces with Kohsuke Kawaguchi, CloudBees’ CTO today and the inventor of Jenkins. Jenkins is the world’s most widely deployed, flexible and capable CI/CD software platform, with 1,700,000 known installations and a vibrant developer ecosystem of over 1,400 plugins.
Since its founding CloudBees has grown to serve over 500 customers of its Jenkins-based enterprise-grade CI/CD software solutions. It has recently acquired a leading vendor of CI/CD-as-a-service, Codeship, to broaden the options it provides to the market. CloudBees is now rapidly expanding this offering to include innovative new capabilities for software delivery governance, visibility and insights, while also quickly evolving its architecture to take advantage of the latest cloud delivery technologies and practices. These new capabilities are being integrated into a new end-to-end system, The CloudBees Suite.
The CloudBees product and engineering organization includes some of the world’s most respected contributors to the tools, languages and practices behind modern software development. Because CloudBees is a fully distributed company, it’s also been able to draw on a global talent pool and maintain a very high bar for intellect, technical skill and work culture. Nearly every Bee has chosen to work at CloudBees because of a personal conviction of the transformative power of continuous delivery practices in every function in software development, and every Bee has been actively chosen for being amongst the best at what they do in the world. This leads to a sense of shared mission and mutual respect that makes CloudBees a truly special place to work.
In our current expansion of the product and engineering organization, we are seeking both to augment our world-class team with some key additional roles that are new and required for our next phase, as well as additional capacity in roles that are already well established at the company. No matter what you do in and around software development, if you believe in continuous delivery and you are world class at what you do, there is likely a role for you.
This position reports to Director of Technical Publications. The preferred working locations are Raleigh, North Carolina, Richmond, Virginia, or London, United Kingdom. We're also open to considering remote employment within Eastern US or Western Europe for the right candidate.
What You’ll Do
- Continuously deliver enterprise-level product documentation across all CloudBees products and support offerings
- Participate in an agile development process
- Work collaboratively across product and customer success teams to coordinate deliverables and dependencies
- Develop, maintain, and validate highly-technical, customer-facing product documentation
- Contribute to the Jenkins community docs project
What the Job Requires
- Excellent written and spoken English language skills
- Excellent problem solving, organization, and communication skills
- 7+ years of technical writing experience
- Proficiency with source code management, preferably Git
- Proficiency with bug tracking systems, preferably JIRA
- Proficiency with markup syntax such as Markdown, reStructuredText, or AsciiDoc
- Proficiency with working in an Agile development environment
- 2+ years of enterprise-level content experience
- Experience with continuous integration/delivery/deployment technologies and processes is a plus
- Experience with cloud hosting (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, etc.) and virtualization technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, etc.) is a plus
What You’ll Get
- Highly competitive benefits and vacation package
- Ability to work for one of the fastest growing companies with some of the most talented people in the industry
- Team outings
- Fun, Hardworking, and Casual Environment
- Endless Growth Opportunities
At CloudBees, we truly believe that the more diverse we are, the better we serve our customers. A global community like Jenkins demands a global focus from CloudBees. Organizations with greater diversity—gender, racial, ethnic, and global—are stronger partners to their customers. Whether by creating more innovative products, or better understanding our worldwide customers, or establishing a stronger cross-section of cultural leadership skills, diversity strengthens all aspects of the CloudBees organization.
In the technology industry, diversity creates a competitive advantage. CloudBees customers demand technologies from us that solve their software development, and therefore their business problems, so that they can better serve their own customers. CloudBees attributes much of its success to its worldwide work force and commitment to global diversity, which opens our proprietary software to innovative ideas from anywhere. Along the way, we have witnessed firsthand how employees, partners, and customers with diverse perspectives and experiences contribute to creative problem solving and better solutions for our customers and their businesses.