Remote in Eastern, Central/Mid-West, Western, US or Western Europe
CloudBees is a globally distributed company with approaching 400 employees in over 15 countries working together to build the world’s first end-to-end continuous software delivery system. As every company in the world is becoming a software company, and as software delivery practices evolve from slow, infrequent releases toward continuous delivery supported by CI/CD, DevOps practices and the cloud, this new software category will become the most mission critical new business system in the modern enterprise.
Jenkins is one of the most widely known and heavily used CI/CD solutions and continues to be used in all areas of the software industry. At CloudBees, many of our customers rely on our Jenkins expertise and package offerings to help them run their business. Needless to say, Jenkins and its vast plugin ecosystem is a critical necessity for CloudBees and its customers success.
This role will focus on working with Jenkins and the CloudBees package offerings as well as the many plugins that CloudBees creates to enhance the Jenkins experience. You’ll be responsible to help build out enhancements to Jenkins by way of plugins as well as maintain the existing enhancements that CloudBees has already provided.
What You’ll Do
- Collaborate with product management, support and engineering teams in order to define priorities and roadmaps
- Support and enhance the Jenkins experience for our customers by way of its rich plugin system
- Work as a contributor in the Jenkins open-source community, deliver fixes and enhancements to the Jenkins open source project specifically around the various plugins
- Collaborate with CloudBees customers when needed to help define requirements and help them solve any impending issues
- Collaborate with the Jenkins Security Team to cross reference the priorities of items to address
- We build our business on Jenkins by offering enterprise solutions (CloudBees Core) and professional services, our customer range from the blue chips to small innovative companies
- We work on various projects in different areas. We are flexible about changing teams and assignments according to the interest and passion of engineers.
- Our Engineering teams are distributed by design. You can work from the office or remotely without feeling disconnected.
- You have an opportunity to contribute to open-source projects and communities during your working time.
- We offer an attractive benefits package including stock options.
What The Role Requires
- 5+ years experience developing with Java.
- Comfortable working closely with support, customers and community to help resolve issues
- Knowledge of developer tools such as Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery systems, test tools, code quality tools, planning tools, IDEs and debugging tools
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills
- Ability to be self sufficient given the proper guidance
- Self-motivated and driven personality
- Fully proficient in English written and spoken language
- Nice to have: Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Nice to have: Have created or committed to a Jenkins Plugin
What You’ll Get
- Highly competitive benefits and vacation package
- Ability to work for one of the fastest growing companies with some of the most talented people in the industry
- Team outings
- Fun, Hardworking, and Casual Environment
- Endless Growth Opportunities
At CloudBees, we truly believe that the more diverse we are, the better we serve our customers. A global community like Jenkins demands a global focus from CloudBees. Organizations with greater diversity—gender, racial, ethnic, and global—are stronger partners to their customers. Whether by creating more innovative products, or better understanding our worldwide customers, or establishing a stronger cross-section of cultural leadership skills, diversity strengthens all aspects of the CloudBees organization.
In the technology industry, diversity creates a competitive advantage. CloudBees customers demand technologies from us that solve their software development, and therefore their business problems, so that they can better serve their own customers. CloudBees attributes much of its success to its worldwide work force and commitment to global diversity, which opens our proprietary software to innovative ideas from anywhere. Along the way, we have witnessed firsthand how employees, partners, and customers with diverse perspectives and experiences contribute to creative problem solving and better solutions for our customers and their businesses.