Our Customers Develop Software at the Speed of Ideas
CloudBees is the hub of enterprise Jenkins and DevOps, providing companies with smarter solutions for comprehensively managing software delivery as a differentiating and core part of the business.
CloudBees is a globally distributed company with more than 500 employees in over 15 countries working together to invent a new category of software - one that automates the delivery of software. As every company in the world is becoming a software company, and as software delivery practices evolve from slow, infrequent releases toward continuous delivery supported by CI/CD, DevOps practices, and the cloud, this new software category will become the most mission critical new business system in the modern enterprise. CloudBees is enabling organizations to successfully adopt a whole product approach to creating value through software.
CloudBees was founded in 2010 by FOSS veterans from JBoss and RedHat and became the home of Enterprise Jenkins when they joined forces with Kohsuke Kawaguchi, CloudBees’ CTO today and the inventor of Jenkins. Jenkins is the world’s most widely deployed, flexible and capable CI/CD software platform, with 200,000 known installations and a vibrant ecosystem of over 1,500 plugins and an estimated 20 million developers using Jenkins.
What You'll Do
This key role, in our premium consulting services arm, typically involves working at client sites on short term engagements throughout the territory. As a domain expert, you will assess their Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery needs and capabilities, make architecture recommendations and help clients onboard CloudBees Jenkins Enterprise products. The ideal candidate will have been involved in the CI, CD, and DevOps space with strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Provide expert advice on all things related to Jenkins, CI, CD, and DevOps
- Assess and make technical recommendations for customers to reach their Continuous Delivery target
- Help customers implement CloudBees Jenkins Enterprise solutions to enable Continuous Delivery capabilities
What The Role Requires
- Hands-on experience with Jenkins and/or other CI/DevOps tool set
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with either public cloud computing providers (e.g. AWS, GCP, Azure) or private cloud providers (e.g. GCP, OpenShift, Pivotal)
- At least 3 years of consulting/professional services experience
- Measurable competency with application servers, scripting, and network infrastructure
- Understanding of agile development processes and how organizations adopt and implement those processes
- Experience with enterprise Linux environments (RHEL or Ubuntu specifically)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
Travel- 75% (includes both customer and internal related travel)
What You’ll Get
- Highly competitive benefits and vacation package
- Ability to work for one of the fastest growing companies with some of the most talented people in the industry
- Team outings
- Fun, Hardworking, and Casual Environment
- Endless Growth Opportunities
At CloudBees, we truly believe that the more diverse we are, the better we serve our customers. A global community like Jenkins demands a global focus from CloudBees. Organizations with greater diversity—gender, racial, ethnic, and global—are stronger partners to their customers. Whether by creating more innovative products, or better understanding our worldwide customers, or establishing a stronger cross-section of cultural leadership skills, diversity strengthens all aspects of the CloudBees organization.
In the technology industry, diversity creates a competitive advantage. CloudBees customers demand technologies from us that solve their software development, and therefore their business problems, so that they can better serve their own customers. CloudBees attributes much of its success to its worldwide work force and commitment to global diversity, which opens our proprietary software to innovative ideas from anywhere. Along the way, we have witnessed firsthand how employees, partners, and customers with diverse perspectives and experiences contribute to creative problem solving and better solutions for our customers and their businesses.