CloudBees is a globally distributed company with approaching 400 employees in over 15 countries working together to build the world’s first end-to-end continuous software delivery system. As every company in the world is becoming a software company, and as software delivery practices evolve from slow, infrequent releases toward continuous delivery supported by CI/CD, DevOps practices and the cloud, this new software category will become the most mission critical new business system in the modern enterprise.
Jenkins X is a reimagined CI/CD implementation for the Cloud which is heavily influenced by the State of DevOps reports and more recently the Accelerate book from Nicole Forsgren, Jez Humble and Gene Kim.
Years of gathering data from real world teams and organisations which has been analyzed by inspiring thought leaders and data scientists from the DevOps world. The Accelerate book recommends a number of capabilities that Jenkins X is implementing so users gain the scientifically proven benefits, out of the box.
Imagine a world where you can, by selecting from a dropdown, create a continuous delivery system that meets regulatory compliance for the insurance industry out of the box that includes the best of breed tools. Or imagine another selection doing the same for healthcare. This is the challenge that the apps team faces: build an app framework that allows the creation, packaging and delivery of extensions, configuration, customizable pipelines, compliance policies and more on top of the Jenkins X platform whilst following DevOps best practices such as loose coupling.
This role is focused on building Jenkins X, an open source CI/CD solution for cloud native applications. Aside from working in the community, you’ll also collaborate with other teams in CloudBees and contribute to our core commercial products. You’ll have a chance to share your expertise with internal and external audiences by blogging, speaking at conferences, hosting webinars, and publishing tutorials.
What You’ll Do
- Collaborate with customers, partners and community to design and build Jenkins X and the CloudBees Suite
- Work with the building blocks of the cloud native ecosystem: Kubernetes, Helm, Prow, Docker and others
- Collaborate with product management, support and engineering teams in order to define priorities and roadmaps, and support our customers using Jenkins X
- Help support the Jenkins X open source community by collaborating with contributors, helping out users, triaging issues, and managing code contributions
- Share experience with CloudBees customers and other Jenkins X users: conferences, meetups, blog posts, etc.
- We build our business on Jenkins X by offering enterprise solutions (CloudBees Core) and professional services, our customer range from the blue chips to small innovative companies
- We work on various projects in different areas. We are flexible about changing teams and assignments according to the interest and passion of engineers.
- Our Engineering teams are distributed by design. You can work from the office or remotely without feeling disconnected.
- You have an opportunity to contribute to open-source projects and communities during your working time.
- We offer an attractive benefits package including stock options.
What The Role Requires
- 5+ years experience developing with statically typed (e.g. Go, Java, C) and dynamically typed (e.g. JS, Ruby).
- Experience working with Kubernetes, Docker, and the cloud native ecosystem
- Comfortable working closely with customers, partners and community to enable adoption
- Experience creating technical materials (reference guides, tutorials, howtos, videos, best practice guides) is a huge benefit
- A focus on teamwork and supporting your peers
- Ability to communicate highly complex technical concepts to external partners, including Sales, Customer Support, and Marketing
- Knowledge of developer tools such as Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery systems, test tools, code quality tools, planning tools, IDEs and debugging tools
- Self-motivated and driven personality. Experience working in a remote environment is a plus.
- Fully proficient in English written and spoken language
What You’ll Get
- Highly competitive benefits and vacation package
- Ability to work for one of the fastest growing companies with some of the most talented people in the industry
- Team outings
- Fun, hardworking, and casual environment
- Endless growth opportunities
At CloudBees, we truly believe that the more diverse we are, the better we serve our customers. A global community like Jenkins demands a global focus from CloudBees. Organizations with greater diversity—gender, racial, ethnic, and global—are stronger partners to their customers. Whether by creating more innovative products, or better understanding our worldwide customers, or establishing a stronger cross-section of cultural leadership skills, diversity strengthens all aspects of the CloudBees organization.
In the technology industry, diversity creates a competitive advantage. CloudBees customers demand technologies from us that solve their software development, and therefore their business problems, so that they can better serve their own customers. CloudBees attributes much of its success to its worldwide work force and commitment to global diversity, which opens our proprietary software to innovative ideas from anywhere. Along the way, we have witnessed firsthand how employees, partners, and customers with diverse perspectives and experiences contribute to creative problem solving and better solutions for our customers and their businesses.