Our Customers Develop Software at the Speed of Ideas
CloudBees is the hub of enterprise Jenkins and DevOps, providing companies with smarter solutions for accelerating the development and delivery of the software that fuels their business.
We’ve taken Jenkins – the most popular, trusted platform for automated software delivery in use by over 1,000,000 DevOps professionals around the world – and added enterprise-grade security, scalability, manageability and expert-level support. With CloudBees Jenkins Enterprise, our customers build, test and deploy business-critical software with confidence. By making the development and delivery process more productive, manageable and hassle-free, CloudBees puts companies on the fastest path to transforming their great ideas into great software, so it can start making an impact sooner.
As an increasing number of large enterprises adopt Continuous Delivery (and DevOps) as a foundation for their business agility, we are in need of technical leaders to help our largest customers navigate the operational challenges of Continuous Delivery. You will work one-on-one with our top-tier customers, supporting the software development lifecycle for their business, management of their active subscriptions, and business relationships with CloudBees.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to help shape and execute a strategy to build mindshare and broad use of the CloudBees Continuous Delivery Platform within organizations ranging from new start-ups to large enterprise customers. You must possess customer-facing skills that enable you to represent CloudBees well within a customer’s environment and drive discussions with senior personnel regarding incidents, trade-offs, best practices, and risk management. You should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges as you help our customers take advantage of the efficiencies, cost savings and quick innovation available only with CloudBees Continuous Delivery Platform.
As a remote DevOps Consultant, you will be the primary operational point of contact for one or more customers, helping to plan, review, and monitor ongoing operations of our customers Continuous Delivery pipeline. You will leverage your broad experience, troubleshooting application and architectural challenges to support our customers. You will work across customer organizations to ensure customers’ Continuous Integration (CI) / Continuous Delivery (CD) solution is well designed and scale to the needs of the world’s largest events e.g., the Super Bowl, the World Cup and the Olympics. In this role, you will also act as the voice of the customer within CloudBees to escalate problems and to drive prioritization of business needs for our customers.
What You'll Do
- Champion and advocate for Enterprise customers within CloudBees (be their voice)
- Solve technical issues and work directly with CloudBees engineers to ensure that customer issues are resolved as expediently as possible
- Participate in deep architectural discussions, calling on CloudBees subject matter experts as needed, to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment
- Help Enterprise customers define IT and business processes that work well with CI/CD deployments
- Engage with Director and C-Level executives to translate business needs into technical and operational plans
- Provide detailed reviews of service metrics to customer leadership
What The Role Requires
- Jenkins CI experience required
- 5+ years design/implementation/operations/consulting experience with distributed applications
- Exposure to Docker and MicroServices
- Exposure to Kubernetes
- Experience managing large scale environments including escalations, incident, problem, and service availability
- Customer-facing experience as a technical lead
- High level of comfort communicating effectively across internal and external organizations
- Presentation skills; high degree of comfort with both large and small audiences
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required; Computer Science or Math background highly desired; working knowledge of software development practices and technologies highly desired
- Software design, development and deployment
- Scripting / Automation
- Occasional travel to visit your customers
What You’ll Get
- Highly competitive benefits and vacation package
- Ability to work for one of the fastest growing companies with some of the most talented people in the industry
- Industry Certifications
- Team outings
- Fun, Hardworking, and Casual Environment
- Endless Growth Opportunities
At CloudBees, we truly believe that the more diverse we are, the better we serve our customers. A global community like Jenkins demands a global focus from CloudBees. Organizations with greater diversity—gender, racial, ethnic, and global—are stronger partners to their customers. Whether by creating more innovative products, or better understanding our worldwide customers, or establishing a stronger cross-section of cultural leadership skills, diversity strengthens all aspects of the CloudBees organization.
In the technology industry, diversity creates a competitive advantage. CloudBees customers demand technologies from us that solve their software development, and therefore their business problems, so that they can better serve their own customers. CloudBees attributes much of its success to its worldwide work force and commitment to global diversity, which opens our proprietary software to innovative ideas from anywhere. Along the way, we have witnessed firsthand how employees, partners, and customers with diverse perspectives and experiences contribute to creative problem solving and better solutions for our customers and their businesses.