Our Customers Develop Software at the Speed of Ideas
CloudBees is the hub of enterprise Jenkins and DevOps, providing companies with smarter solutions for accelerating the development and delivery of the software that fuels their business.
CloudBees is a globally distributed company with approaching 400 employees in over 15 countries working together to invent a new category of software - one that automates the delivery of software. As every company in the world is becoming a software company, and as software delivery practices evolve from slow, infrequent releases toward continuous delivery supported by CI/CD, DevOps practices and the cloud, this new software category will become the most mission critical new business system in the modern enterprise.
CloudBees was founded in 2010 by FOSS veterans from JBoss and RedHat and became the home of Enterprise Jenkins when they joined forces with Kohsuke Kawaguchi, CloudBees’ CTO today and the inventor of Jenkins. Jenkins is the world’s most widely deployed, flexible and capable CI/CD software platform, with 200,000 known installations and a vibrant ecosystem of over 1,400 plugins and an estimated 15 million developers using Jenkins..
What You’ll Do
If you believe in the world-changing power of software and are passionate about talking to developers about technology, we have a great role for you at CloudBees.
Developer Relations @ CloudBees
Mission: To make the world amazingly productive for developers building cloud-native software applications.
- Establish CloudBees’ as a thought leader in the latest trends impacting developers and in the coolest new developer technology
- Get developers exposed to and engaged in using Jenkins X to build cloud-native apps
- Build a strong developer following for CloudBees technologies(Jenkins, Jenkins X, Core, DevOptics, CodeShip)
- Awareness – reach developers broadly and make them aware of CloudBees and Jenkins X
- Engagement – engage with developers to teach them about the power of Jenkins X and cloud-native software development
- Adoption – drive adoption of Jenkins X and CloudBees products
Reporting to the VP of Marketing, the program manager is responsible for the overall success of the DevRel program and directs the activities of the Evangelists. Defining and leading new strategic programs in our developer community. You will partner across different internal groups to synchronize and execute on these new programs - from marketing, product and engineering. You will be the driver for these highly visible and impactful programs to establish CloudBees as a well-respected brand amongst developers around the world.
The Developer Relations Program Manager will:
- Develop programs that utilize all marketing channels
- Define and track program metrics
- Collaborate with product and product marketing teams to define developer messaging and content
- Ensure consistent developer messaging across all channels
- Guide the messaging and activities at developer focused events
- Guide the work of the evangelists and ensure we are maximizing our reach in NA and Europe
- Create compelling high value content and learning experiences for developers that solves problems, as well as being inspiring, interesting, and entertaining.
What the Role Requires
- 5-7 years of developer relations experience in the software industry
- Experience in:
- Demonstrated success in building building developer communities
- Developing strategy and tactics that resonate with developers
- Guiding developer messaging and education
- Leadership & Independence: Capable of leading the development of the DevRel program and act on their own to explore new paths to success
- Technically Competent: Understands the challenges of a developer and the tech they use
- Excellent communication and networking skills: This job is about reaching out, listening and communicating. Must be active on social media and have proven their ability to attract a following.
- The ideal candidate will also have these traits:
- Impatience: a sense of urgency, initiative and the drive to make a difference today
- Outspoken: is confident to speak their mind and fight for what they need to be successful
- Collaborator: can collaborate well, both within a team and cross-functionally
- Comfortable: in communicating to technical audiences
- Naturally curious: to think out of the box and try new techniques
- Fast learner: learns new concepts and domains quickly
- Energy: to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Organized: great organizational skills, managing projects with many moving parts
What You’ll Get
- Highly competitive benefits and vacation package
- Ability to work for one of the fastest growing companies with some of the most talented people in the industry
- Team outings
- Fun, Hardworking, and Casual Environment
- Endless Growth Opportunities
At CloudBees, we truly believe that the more diverse we are, the better we serve our customers. A global community like Jenkins demands a global focus from CloudBees. Organizations with greater diversity—gender, racial, ethnic, and global—are stronger partners to their customers. Whether by creating more innovative products, or better understanding our worldwide customers, or establishing a stronger cross-section of cultural leadership skills, diversity strengthens all aspects of the CloudBees organization.
In the technology industry, diversity creates a competitive advantage. CloudBees customers demand technologies from us that solve their software development, and therefore their business problems, so that they can better serve their own customers. CloudBees attributes much of its success to its worldwide work force and commitment to global diversity, which opens our proprietary software to innovative ideas from anywhere. Along the way, we have witnessed firsthand how employees, partners, and customers with diverse perspectives and experiences contribute to creative problem solving and better solutions for our customers and their businesses.