CloudBees CodeShip is a SaaS CI/CD tool focused on making automating the testing and delivery of software fast, flexible and simple. We offer CodeShip as part of the wider CloudBees product suite, which as a whole is focused on building an end to end software delivery solution. CloudBees’ other CI/CD offerings are more focused on Enterprise CI/CD, while CodeShip offers smaller customers a world-class CI/CD experience and offers larger customers an integrated SaaS option within our product portfolio.
The CodeShip team sits at a unique spot within the CloudBees organization, operating at a higher-velocity SaaS model for smaller and growing companies while also building integrations into other products to provide Enterprises a simpler, no-overhead option for the projects where that makes sense.
Our business is booming and we’re seeking a talented individual with a drive to succeed in a fast paced and dynamic environment to join the Continuous Delivery product management team. Reporting to a Sr. Director of Product Management, you will be tasked with working with Design, Engineering and with our customers to help define and manage new feature development, growth-oriented projects and internal integration work.
Your responsibilities will be end to end, from problem discovery and user story refinement all the way through to delivering optimal solutions to those problems. You’ll also work directly with sales, marketing and customer success, communicating the what and why of new product deliverables.
We’re looking for someone who can solve problems creatively and collaboratively, and work effectively in a highly distributed team environment across business and technical domains. At CloudBees it’s in our culture to learn, adapt and improve, so you’ll be someone who isn’t afraid to try new things.
What You'll Do
- Analyze and identify market problems
- Identify growth and marketing opportunities through feature development and product design
- Engage with customers and sales prospects to understand needs and opportunities
- Work collaboratively with other software Product Managers and coordinate on dependencies
- Be hands-on with the technology and capable of demoing and discussing the product at a technical level
- Work closely with engineering to establish deliverables and schedules that align with sales and marketing goals
- Work closely with marketing to drive pipeline and provide supporting content and messaging
- Work closely with sales to support sales activity, including developing technical collateral and demos
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications and participating in professional societies.
- Be an expert in competing product offerings and the surrounding marketplace across the product delivery lifecycle
- Develop messaging and positioning that explain technical and business value in simple, understandable terms
- Brief sales and solutions architects on roadmap and product deliverables
- Analyze and breakdown complex business problems into discrete user stories
- Prioritizing issues ensuring product backlogs are regularly reviewed
What The Role Requires
- 2+ years working experience as a practitioner of CD who are facing customers such as Pre Sales engineers or Shared Engineering Services Managers
- 3+ years working experience in a software development organization
- 2+ years working on SaaS products aimed at developers or a technical audience
- Excellent background in software development lifecycle
- Strong understanding of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery solutions
- Ability to demonstrate sound product management skills (analytical, business judgement, communication and product discipline) in addition to technical awareness.
- Practical experience with CI and CD tools (Jenkins, Codeship, Gitlab, CircleCI, GoCD, ConcourseCI, etc)
- Ability to demonstrate exceptional teamwork across a very distributed organization worldwide
- Experience with Design Thinking approaches
- Experience with growth-oriented PM or marketing initiatives
- Knowledge of containerization and orchestration technology (Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift, Mesos) desirable
- Solid understanding of testing methodologies at multiple levels of abstraction
What You’ll Get
- Highly competitive benefits and vacation package
- Ability to work for one of the fastest growing companies with some of the most talented people in the industry
- Team outings
- Fun, Hardworking, and Casual Environment
- Endless Growth Opportunities
At CloudBees, we truly believe that the more diverse we are, the better we serve our customers. A global community like Jenkins demands a global focus from CloudBees. Organizations with greater diversity—gender, racial, ethnic, and global—are stronger partners to their customers. Whether by creating more innovative products, or better understanding our worldwide customers, or establishing a stronger cross-section of cultural leadership skills, diversity strengthens all aspects of the CloudBees organization.
In the technology industry, diversity creates a competitive advantage. CloudBees customers demand technologies from us that solve their software development, and therefore their business problems, so that they can better serve their own customers. CloudBees attributes much of its success to its worldwide work force and commitment to global diversity, which opens our proprietary software to innovative ideas from anywhere. Along the way, we have witnessed firsthand how employees, partners, and customers with diverse perspectives and experiences contribute to creative problem solving and better solutions for our customers and their businesses.