Welcome to Cloud Agronomics.
We believe in empowering every farm to become a solution to climate change by sequestering atmospheric carbon into the soil as crops grow. Powered by remote sensing and machine learning, our solutions quantify and track soil carbon in global agricultural lands. We measure the impact that farming practices have on soil health and crop production, unlocking the path to net zero agriculture and a sustainable food supply chain. At Cloud Agronomics, you will work in a mission-driven and collaborative environment alongside a diverse team with backgrounds spanning science, engineering, design, and agriculture.
We’re venture-backed by mission-aligned investors including SineWave Ventures, Alumni Ventures Group, Lightspeed Venture Partners, and Collaborative Fund.
About the Role:
Cloud Agronomics is looking to hire a seasoned sales professional who has exposure to and a passion for carbon credit programs in the agriculture industry. This individual will shape our growing sales team and be responsible for hitting sales targets, identifying and leveraging key corporate partnerships, and helping Cloud become the standard for quantifying soil carbon in global agricultural lands.
This position is an opportunity to accelerate the adoption of regenerative agriculture and establish trust in global farmland-based carbon credit markets by providing a reliable, low-cost, and scalable quantification method for soil organic carbon.
We are headquartered in Boulder, CO, and this position is a remote role within the U.S.
- Key relationships with companies with existing carbon credit programs or sustainability programs in agriculture
- Ideal previous roles include innovation or strategy
- 5+ years of sales or business development experience in the agriculture industry
- Within 30 days be up to speed on business plan, technology strategy, go to market
- Within 60 days build a pipeline of strategic partnership opportunities with carbon project developers in the agriculture industry
- Within 90 days sign and onboard new customers onto platform
- Within 90 days own account management and growth of accounts that you bring in
- Passion for regenerative agriculture
- Creativity and drive to solve problems related to soil carbon in agricultural supply chains
- Experience in B2B sales environments
- Comfortable building relationships at the highest levels of companies
- Enjoys strategic thinking and business development work
- Comfortable in ambiguous environments negotiating deals independently
Nice to Have:
- Experience selling carbon credits
- Experience working with carbon emitters or in the carbon offset space
You’ll love working at Cloud Agronomics because:
- We live by our Core Values.
- Speak your truths. Welcome new voices.
- Celebrate your successes. Own your mistakes.
- Solve hard problems.
- Invest in each other.
- Get your hands dirty!
- We challenge the status quo. We’re a group of people who want to create the changes we hope to see in the world. See some of our recent press about the problems we’re committed to solving.
- We invest in your life. We want to provide you with resources to meet your needs both in and outside of work. We offer generous PTO, health, vision, dental, 401k, and HSA benefits.
- We want you to grow. We are a team that supports each other’s professional and intellectual growth. You’ll have access to regular opportunities to learn from teammates and invest in your professional development.
- We offer competitive compensation packages and industry leading commissions. Our team is our most valuable asset. We want everyone who works for us to feel fairly compensated for the impact they bring to our mission. The team member in this role can expect a starting salary in the range of $120,000-$180,000 alongside equity in the company.