Why Clipboard Health Exists:
We exist to lift as many people up the socioeconomic ladder as possible. We dramatically improve lives, by letting healthcare professionals turn extra time and ambition into career growth and financial opportunity. We achieve this with our app-based marketplace that connects healthcare facilities and healthcare professionals, allowing healthcare professionals to book on-demand shifts and healthcare facilities to access on-demand talent. Our mission is to enable healthcare professionals to work when and where they want, and to enable healthcare facilities to meet their talent needs.
About Clipboard Health:
Clipboard Health is a post-Series C, extremely fast-growing tech startup with classic two-sided network effects, revolutionizing the market for healthcare talent. We are a diverse and inclusive company with a global, remote team. We have been named one of YC’s Top Companies for two years running, and have grown 25x across all key metrics in the last 18 months. There has never been a more exciting time to join our growing team and help us serve even more healthcare professionals and healthcare facilities, who can then better serve patients. To learn more about the culture at Clipboard Health, take a look at our culture hub here.
About the Role:
Our finance team is expanding to support our company's growth! Reporting to our Head of Finance, you will assist with managing month-end close, including the preparation and posting of journal entries. This person will have a strong collaboration with our broader Finance team to implement efficient accounting procedures. This role will require strong communication and organizational skills to ensure the company’s consolidated financial statements are prepared timely and accurately. This could be the ideal position for you if you are a detail-oriented, analytical thinker with high standards and a talent for creating financial statements.
- Perform and review daily operational revenue transactions and processes
- Develop and maintain accurate financial records to ensure compliance with the Company’s policies and internal controls
- Assist with preparation of monthly financial statements for internal review
- Maintain appropriate accounting records for revenue recognition, including completion of ASC 606 analyses for new revenue contracts and/or revenue streams
- Interact with Sales, Legal, Billing, A/R, and IT teams to proactively review contract changes/negotiations and determine revenue recognition impact
- Prepare commission accruals
- Prepare journal entries and account reconciliations for all revenue-based accounts
- Lead interactions with external auditors related to revenue-based accounts
- Assist in researching and documenting various accounting topics
- Perform hands-on monthly processes per accounting close schedule
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or equivalent with a minimum of 5 years’ experience
- CPA with at least three years of recent Big Four experience preferred
- Must be a self-starter
- In-depth knowledge of U.S. GAAP, specifically ASC 606
- Ability to exercise judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results
- Experience preparing, analyzing, and validating large datasets
- Strong written communication skills. Effectively interacts with others at all levels internally and externally – within and outside of finance.
- Ability to tailor communication to the audience to achieve desired results
- Flexibility; ability to switch priorities on short notice
- Ability to operate independently and in a team environment