Why Clipboard Health Exists:
We exist to lift as many people up the socioeconomic ladder as possible. We dramatically improve lives, by letting healthcare professionals turn extra time and ambition into career growth and financial opportunity. We achieve this with our app-based marketplace that connects healthcare facilities and healthcare professionals, allowing healthcare professionals to book on-demand shifts and healthcare facilities to access on-demand talent. Our mission is to enable healthcare professionals to work when and where they want, and to enable healthcare facilities to meet their talent needs.
About Clipboard Health:
Clipboard Health is a post-Series C, extremely fast-growing tech startup with classic two-sided network effects, revolutionizing the market for healthcare talent. We are a diverse and inclusive company with a global, remote team. We have been named one of YC’s Top Companies for two years running, and have grown 25x across all key metrics in the last 18 months. There has never been a more exciting time to join our growing team and help us serve even more healthcare professionals and healthcare facilities, who can then better serve patients. To learn more about the culture at Clipboard Health, take a look at our culture hub here.
About the role:
You have an entrepreneurial spirit. You crave a creative and collaborative—rather than purely adversarial—experience in the law. You are a skilled and concise writer and communicator, and excel at and enjoy detail-oriented tasks, fact-finding, and investigative work. You are eager to take on an in-house role on a small and supportive team that affords opportunity for professional growth. You look forward to channeling your skills into supporting and advocating for a mission-driven and groundbreaking business. You embrace and are not daunted by ambiguity or a challenge, have a perennially positive attitude, and are eager to help build a legal department and support the business in a fast-paced and innovative startup environment. You enjoy taking the lead on projects and naturally take the initiative to solve problems and improve and streamline systems and processes.
- Contribute to legal strategy and day-to-day commercial and corporate work, as well as management of any pending litigation and investigations, including HR and other employment matters
- Assist with legal operations work, and work closely with the Trust and Safety and People Operations functions
- Support the work of senior members of the legal team as needed.
What success looks like 90 days in:
- You are deeply familiar with the legal team’s commercial and corporate work, as well as pending matters, and are adept at communicating and coordinating with outside counsel
- You are taking a lead role in legal operations work that supports the legal team.
- You are taking a lead role in supporting the work of functions such as People Operations.
- Your senior teammates view you as an invaluable contributor to their success and the team’s success.
Need to have:
- JD, admission to a state bar.
- Bias toward action and solving (not just spotting) problems
- Ability to take ownership of your work and manage projects independently
- Commercial, transactional, and/or corporate legal experience (including in a summer role during law school)
- Excellent communication and writing abilities
- Comfort and skill navigating complexity and ambiguity and working on a leanly staffed team
- Ability to work under pressure and autonomously and meet tight deadlines
- Agility and flexibility to take on new tasks and responsibilities when necessary to support the business and legal team’s needs in a fast-moving, rapidly scaling, and dynamic tech company
Nice to have:
- Clerkship experience
- Expertise in the areas of employment (including immigration matters) and data privacy/security
- Experience working cross-culturally and with diverse, global teams