Why Clipboard Health Exists:
We exist to lift as many people up the socioeconomic ladder as possible. We dramatically improve lives, by letting healthcare professionals turn extra time and ambition into career growth and financial opportunity. We achieve this with our app-based marketplace that connects healthcare facilities and healthcare professionals, allowing healthcare professionals to book on-demand shifts and healthcare facilities to access on-demand talent. Our mission is to enable healthcare professionals to work when and where they want, and to enable healthcare facilities to meet their talent needs.
About Clipboard Health:
Clipboard Health is a post-Series C, extremely fast-growing tech startup with classic two-sided network effects, revolutionizing the market for healthcare talent. We are a diverse and inclusive company with a global, remote team. We have been named one of YC’s Top Companies for two years running, and have grown 25x across all key metrics in the last 18 months. There has never been a more exciting time to join our growing team and help us serve even more healthcare professionals and healthcare facilities, who can then better serve patients. To learn more about the culture at Clipboard Health, take a look at our culture hub here.
You’d be joining the Pricing Team which sits within the Product organization. We’re responsible for pricing every transaction in the marketplace and for using pricing as a lever to improve customer experience.
Where we are today
We’re a fast paced team that travels the problem identification → experiment proposal → experimentation → system wide deployment loop in a median time of 2 weeks. It’s not uncommon for us to travel across it within a day or two.
Our speed never compromises the quality of our work. While many problems are identified, we only work on non-incremental problems that promise high returns in terms of customer lifetime values. Experiment proposals must make data-driven, first principled arguments that explain the design of the proposed solution and the expected return. Our pricing infrastructure allows us to launch experiments within minutes, but the logic for each experiment is rigorously evaluated in a release process. And before systemwide deployments of successful experiments, the experiment’s results and projected impact must pass the scrutiny of a group of folks across the company that have high-quality marketplace thinking.
Where we are going
Today, most successful experiments are launched systemwide as an additional pricing policy. But we have 600+ active markets, each of which has unique needs. The future we’re building will allow us to tailor policies to each market using an automated infrastructure. Much of the instrumentation to do this already exists. The key will be understanding when to deploy a policy to a marketplace and what parameters to set on the policy. If you join, you’ll be embarking on this journey with us.
As a Pricing Associate, you will:
- Identify opportunities to improve the marketplace experience using pricing by knitting together data and customer conversations
- Iterate on experiment proposals that make first-principles arguments to tackle important problems with creative policies
- Deploy and monitor experiments using our Python-based experimentation infrastructure
- Present the results of implemented policies and their impact on the business to a larger group of marketplace thinkers on a weekly basis
- Coordinate with cross-functional teams to tackle pricing related issues, including customer concerns
You should apply if:
- You pride yourself on your writing. You’ll have to write relatively technical experiment proposals that can be read by a broad audience and regular write-ups for weekly rituals. Your writing must be clear and the reasoning expressed in your writing should be able to pass a high level of scrutiny.
- You can analyze a dataset forever. We’ll expect you to dive deep into the mechanics of customer behavior and reveal powerful, actionable insights about our marketplace. Folks who excel at this always have 10x more questions to ask. We’ll expect you to learn SQL if you don’t already know it.
- You focus on delivering value, fast. You’ll be the CEO of your own work. That means prioritizing ruthlessly to ensure that your work delivers tangible value to customers. A lot of times, this means using answers you already have to deploy customer solutions instead of continuing to analyze.
- You code. We work in Python, but it’s okay if you aren’t familiar with it. If you’re proficient in another language, like Java or C, we feel that you can learn Python. But it’s important that you’re proficient in a language and are up for learning another one.
- You know probability theory. You’ll have to think deeply about second order marketplace effects on a regular basis. Thinking about the odds of an event happening and how to change those odds will be a regular exercise. You’ll also have to express those odds logically.
- You don’t do incremental work. We have a lot of interesting problems, so it’s easy to find ones that deliver clear, but little value. You’d rather focus on thinking about big problems in entirely new ways than focus on small problems.