Why Clipboard Health Exists:
We exist to lift as many people up the socioeconomic ladder as possible. We dramatically improve lives, by letting healthcare professionals turn extra time and ambition into career growth and financial opportunity. We achieve this with our app-based marketplace that connects healthcare facilities and healthcare professionals, allowing healthcare professionals to book on-demand shifts and healthcare facilities to access on-demand talent. Our mission is to enable healthcare professionals to work when and where they want, and to enable healthcare facilities to meet their talent needs.
About Clipboard Health:
Clipboard Health is a post-Series C, extremely fast-growing tech startup with classic two-sided network effects, revolutionizing the market for healthcare talent. We are a diverse and inclusive company with a global, remote team. We have been named one of YC’s Top Companies for two years running, and have grown 25x across all key metrics in the last 18 months. There has never been a more exciting time to join our growing team and help us serve even more healthcare professionals and healthcare facilities, who can then better serve patients. To learn more about the culture at Clipboard Health, take a look at our culture hub here.
About The Role:
Clipboard Health is looking for an enthusiastic Payroll & Benefits Manager with at least 3 years of payroll experience, preferably at a fast- growing startup. If you describe yourself as a people-centric, self-starting, number wizard with a strong sense of ownership and initiative - then this may be the role for you!
The Payroll Manager will be responsible for processing all payroll for both US-based and International-based teams, as well as preparing and maintaining all payroll records. The Payroll Manager will also be expected to run regular reporting and analysis of payroll trends, and work closely with our external accountants to ensure 100% accuracy on all payroll figures. This individual will also be responsible for assisting in state business registration and updating payroll tax information per state. You will be responsible for overseeing the payroll team, including the day to day management of the team, and the growth of the team as the company scales. You will be the resident expert on all things payroll for our global and diverse team.
- Processing payroll for semi-monthly pay schedule
- Computing, reviewing and paying bonuses on both a monthly and quarterly schedule
- Completing regular audits to ensure accuracy of payroll records
- Reviewing payroll data, including trends, and provides analysis monthly to the Director of People Operations
- Addressing all payroll questions, concerns or disputes directly with team members
- Completing regular review of payroll processes, and continues to improve and evolve payroll processes, policies and procedures
- Completing other employee-related reporting such as headcount, turnover and retention
- Running the recruiting and hiring process for additional payroll team members as needed
- Managing the day to day work of all other individuals on the payroll team
- Contributing to quarterly Human Resources objectives and key results
- Assisting on various HR-related projects
- Driving solutions that improve not only our payroll systems, but the overall team member experience
- Running the recruiting and hiring process for future payroll positions as the payroll team’s needs expand
What Success Looks Like:
3 months in: You are not just owning all payroll runs, but payroll runs are consistently on time, with no errors. You have built out the necessary payroll reports in all systems, so that you can not only audit the accuracy of your own work, but anyone in the organization who needs any information related to actual or estimated payroll expenses can have that information within a few minutes. You are reporting on all payroll information, including payroll costs, overall headcount and headcount by department, bonuses and commissions, and any other additional costs related to personnel on a weekly and monthly basis.
6 months in: You are the resident payroll expert, have a deep understanding of how headcount and payroll is allocated per team, and can predict upcoming changes to payroll costs. You track all paid and upcoming bonus/commission payments, and work with department heads to ensure proper computation of all bonuses/commissions. Current payroll processing and systems are measurably better than when you took over, and we have a precise understanding of our monthly payroll spend. You have hired at least one additional person to assist with payroll prep and processing, and are in the process of hiring at least one other person to assist with reporting and data integrity. All changes to pay internally are run through and approved by you before any formal changes are made.
Need to Have:
- At least 3 years of hands-on, payroll processing experience
- Understanding and experience with US payroll tax regulations and laws
- Proficient in Excel/Google Sheets
- Proficient in math and equations used in payroll processing and reporting
- Extreme attention to detail and high standards
- Strong sense of ownership, accountability and initiative
- Comfortable working with various types of technology
- Resourceful, organized and solution-oriented