Why Clipboard Health Exists:
We exist to lift as many people up the socioeconomic ladder as possible. We dramatically improve lives, by letting healthcare professionals turn extra time and ambition into career growth and financial opportunity. We achieve this with our app-based marketplace that connects healthcare facilities and healthcare professionals, allowing healthcare professionals to book on-demand shifts and healthcare facilities to access on-demand talent. Our mission is to enable healthcare professionals to work when and where they want, and to enable healthcare facilities to meet their talent needs.
About Clipboard Health:
Clipboard Health is a post-Series C, extremely fast-growing tech startup with classic two-sided network effects, revolutionizing the market for healthcare talent. We are a diverse and inclusive company with a global, remote team. We have been named one of YC’s Top Companies for two years running, and have grown 25x across all key metrics in the last 18 months. There has never been a more exciting time to join our growing team and help us serve even more healthcare professionals and healthcare facilities, who can then better serve patients. To learn more about the culture at Clipboard Health, take a look at our culture hub here.
What’s weird about working with us?
- We care, a lot. Our CEO spends substantial time regularly doing customer service, and many of our healthcare professionals and healthcare facility clients have her personal cell phone number.
- We are globally distributed. Just on the engineering team we have folks from: the United States, Chile, Mongolia, Turkey, India, Ukraine, Indonesia, Brazil, Columbia… and that’s just from folks who’ve joined us so far this year.
- We take our values seriously: our COO literally has a handmade Curiosity Initiative and Ownership sign on his wall (you’ll see it if you videocall him).
- We have more engineers than we “need” on purpose. It makes us fast (many features go from idea to production in 2-4 weeks). It also allows small teams to see a problem, and just go fix it. A team went off and created a new SaaS product, another team rewrote a core service under a new architecture.
- We highly value being a workplace without any “toes” to be stepped on. See a problem? Go ahead and fix it, you don’t need permission.
You're good at:
- Leading all aspects of Quality strategy and execution within engineering
- Building bridges and influencing leaders across Product, Design, Eng, Support and Exec to elevate the overall culture of quality
- Owning all of automation testing, manual testing, PNR testing, device clouds, etc.
- Hiring and growing a team of engineers focused on Quality, as well as a team of manual testers
- Managing your teams’ performance to increase the output of the people you lead and others around them
- Working within Agile methodologies and ceremonies - time-boxed releases, short release cycles etc.
- Partnering with engineering teams to build a quality driven culture that helps ship products rapidly and with confidence
- Continuously improving the QA process to get effective test signal and scale testing efforts across multiple products
- Adept at articulating stories (verbally and written) and driving change in product and process using data
- Creating observability into the status and progress of quality for each release, and of trends in release quality over time
- Leveraging automation for scalable solutions to prevent regressions and ensure reliability of product
- Organizing manual test efforts where automation doesn't yet exist, and creating plans to automate testing over time
Extra Awesome if you are:
- A fan of the speed of startups, having worked at one or more (including maybe your own) before
- Have managed fully remote teams, extending across time zones around the world
- Experienced in building QA process for backend and frontend applications, on mobile and web using tools like: TestRail, webdriver.io, POSTman, and no-code UI automation tools like reflect.run or testproject.io
- Experienced in security testing (Simulate XSS, CSRF etc. using tools like Charles Proxy or Burpsuite)
- Experienced in performance testing (Responsiveness, page load time, UI thread blocks, slow network conditions simulation, CPU/Memory footprint via iStats, Instruments, Valgrind etc. across hardware generations, Load test tools)
- Experienced in visual testing (Absent elements, Form factor/layout bugs via snapshot testing)
Perks of Working with us:
- Do great work that matters, in healthcare, for customers who could really use your help
- Zero commute. Work wherever you are, globally (but on or around US Pacific Time hours)