About the Opportunity
CGI is looking to bring on a writer who can clearly and effectively communicate our goals, approaches, and successes through a variety of formats (including talking points, invitations, session descriptions, briefing documents, etc.). The ideal candidate will be an excellent writer, with a strong track record in producing a diverse array of dynamic and eye-catching materials on a range of topics.
The Clinton Global Initiative (CGI) convenes global and emerging leaders to create and implement solutions to the world’s most pressing challenges. CGI works with partners to drive action through its unique model. Rather than directly implementing projects, CGI facilitates action by helping members connect, collaborate, and develop Commitments to Action — new, specific, and measurable plans that address global challenges. Learn more here.
In this role you will work on:
Internal and External Communications
- Produce and copy edit internal materials as needed including: briefing documents, talking points, and memos
- Produce and copy edit external materials as needed including: meeting invitations, speaker briefing documents, session descriptions
- Act as point of contact on all CGI written deliverables
Relationship Management & Operational Support
- Partner with the Foundation communication team to align on language, tone and messaging
- Coordinate with program and operations team to develop written materials that accurately and effectively communicate their goals, outcomes, successes, or requests
Support on Commitments to Action
- Copy edit Commitment to Action forms to review for tone, clarity, and consistency per CGI standards and guidelines
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- At least 5 years of professional experience in the field in positions of increasing responsibility required, 3-4 years’ experience in a substantially similar role (copywriting, content writing, etc.)
- Experience doing research on a variety of subjects using multiple sources
- General knowledge in CGI’s key pillar areas (Health Equity, Climate Resilience, Inclusive Economic Growth and Recovery)
- Familiarity with web publications
- Excellent writing and editing skills in English
- Ability to produce written materials on tight deadlines
- Ability to work in a varying schedule including nights, early mornings, weekends and holidays.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally, and work on multiple time zones, as necessary.
Compensation & Benefits
Our best estimate of the compensation range for this opportunity is $66 – 70K annually, depending on the experience you bring. This range is based on NYC market rates and may be adjusted if you will be working remotely. We look forward to discussing our compensation pricing strategy, and your expectations, throughout the interview process. Please also note, the Clinton Foundation prides itself on offering a generous benefits package at little to no cost to employees - take a look at our benefits page, so you can get a full picture of our total rewards offerings.
About the Clinton Foundation
Building on a lifetime of public service, President Clinton established the Clinton Foundation on the simple belief that everyone deserves a chance to succeed, everyone has a responsibility to act, and we all do better when we work together. For nearly two decades, that premise has energized the work of the Foundation in overcoming complex challenges and improving the lives of people across the United States and around the world.
As an operating foundation, we work on issues directly or with strategic partners from the business, government, and nonprofit sectors to create economic opportunity, improve public health, and inspire civic engagement and service. Our programs are designed to make a real difference today while serving as proven models for tomorrow. The goal of every effort is to use available resources to get better results faster – at the lowest possible cost.
We firmly believe that when diverse groups of people bring resources together in the spirit of true cooperation, transformative ideas will emerge to drive life-changing action.
The Clinton Foundation is committed to public health and to the safety and wellbeing of our colleagues, visitors, and volunteers. As such, we have adopted a policy requiring all employees whose positions require them to be on site to be vaccinated against COVID-19 or to meet the legal guidelines for an exemption.
Learn more at http://www.clintonfoundation.org, on Facebook at Facebook.com/ClintonFoundation and on Twitter @ClintonFdn.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
The Clinton Foundation maintains a strong policy of equal opportunity in employment. It is our objective to recruit, hire, and retain the most qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation or identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic or status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. Our equal employment philosophy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, compensation, benefits, training, promotions, transfers, job benefits, and terminations.