About the Opportunity
The Clinton Center presents a unique perspective of the work – past, present, and future – of President Bill Clinton. From interactive exhibitions to engaging programs, we offer a variety of year-round, educational and cultural opportunities for visitors of all ages. And we are continuing President Clinton’s commitment to advancing opportunity for everybody, instilling responsibility throughout our society, and cultivating a shared sense of community.
Under the direction of the Senior Educational Programs Manager, the Civic Engagement Assistant Manager will be responsible for overseeing and managing the following areas of work and individual functions: Student Presidential Leaders Series, Arkansas Declaration of Learning, civic partnerships/engagement, adult civics programming, museum interpretation, and audience development.
In this role you will/are:
Program Management & Delivery
- Coordinates all K12 and Adult Civic Engagement initiatives and programs as assigned.
- With the support of the SEPM and Education Programs Associate (EPA)
- Monitors programs budget, expenses, and projections.
- Assesses and reports quarterly analysis and forecast of programs for the executive and leadership team.
- Cultivates working relationships/partnerships with local municipalities, officials, national community-based organizations, and non-profits.
- Developing demand within the community for civic engagement and education. programming.
- Collaborates with the National Archives to ensure primary source documentation and presidential history is present in EPD programming and outreach.
- Motivates and promotes DEI best practices.
- Keeps current on relevant civic programming trends, field-specific content, and educational opportunities.
- Quarterly check-ins, as necessary, with all partners we have established MOU’s from the past two years to evaluate effectiveness and opportunities.
- Other duties as assigned.
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Preferred: A. degree in the social sciences.
- Minimum Work Experience Required: Minimum of five years’ experience in an educational setting with experience in student programming execution and programming development.
- Preferred: (Minimum+) five years' experience in a nonprofit environment.
- Community relations, mass communication, and strategic planning.
- Demonstrated expertise in civic engagement, grant execution, creating educational content (curriculum development, lesson planning, advanced training). Superior knowledge in external relationship and program management is preferred
- Experience with mass mailing, surveying, and database experience is desired Enter comment or select from list
- Ability to work in a varying schedule including nights, early mornings, weekends and holidays
Our best estimate of the compensation range for this opportunity is $44K - $47.5K annually, depending on the experience you bring. This range is based on Little Rock market rates. We look forward to discussing our compensation pricing strategy, and your expectations, throughout the interview process. Please also note, the Clinton Foundation prides itself on offering a generous benefits package at little to no cost to employees - take a look at our benefits page, so you can get a full picture of our total rewards offerings.
About the Clinton Foundation
Building on a lifetime of public service, President Clinton established the Clinton Foundation on the simple belief that everyone deserves a chance to succeed, everyone has a responsibility to act, and we all do better when we work together. For nearly two decades, that premise has energized the work of the Foundation in overcoming complex challenges and improving the lives of people across the United States and around the world.
As an operating foundation, we work on issues directly or with strategic partners from the business, government, and nonprofit sectors to create economic opportunity, improve public health, and inspire civic engagement and service. Our programs are designed to make a real difference today while serving as proven models for tomorrow. The goal of every effort is to use available resources to get better results faster – at the lowest possible cost.
We firmly believe that when diverse groups of people bring resources together in the spirit of true cooperation, transformative ideas will emerge to drive life-changing action.
The Clinton Foundation is committed to public health and to the safety and wellbeing of our colleagues, visitors, and volunteers. As such, we have adopted a policy requiring all employees whose positions require them to be on site to be vaccinated against COVID-19 or to meet the legal guidelines for an exemption.
Learn more at http://www.clintonfoundation.org, on Facebook at Facebook.com/ClintonFoundation and on Twitter @ClintonFdn.
About the Clinton Presidential Center
The Clinton Presidential Center offers a unique perspective of the work – past, present, and future – of the 42nd President of the United States William Jefferson Clinton. Through year-round educational and cultural opportunities for visitors of all ages, it reflects President Clinton’s lifetime commitment to advancing opportunity for everybody, instilling responsibility throughout our society, and cultivating a sense of community within our great nation.
The Clinton Center is home to the Clinton Presidential Library and Museum, the Little Rock offices of the Clinton Foundation, the University of Arkansas Clinton School of Public Service, and is a managing partner of the Presidential Leadership Scholars program. The Clinton Center is located in a 29-acre city park along the Arkansas River and is also home to the Clinton Museum store and the award-winning restaurant 42 bar and table.
Learn more at www.clintonpresidentialcenter.org, www.facebook.com/clintoncenter, and @ClintonCenter on Twitter and Instagram.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
The Clinton Foundation maintains a strong policy of equal opportunity in employment. It is our objective to recruit, hire, and retain the most qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation or identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic or status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. Our equal employment philosophy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, compensation, benefits, training, promotions, transfers, job benefits, and terminations.