$75,000-$90,000 dependent on education and experience
About this role:
We are seeking an Analytical Chemistry Research Associate to join our chemistry team in Berkeley, CA. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing and optimizing analytical methods for product development, as well as conducting research projects to support business objectives. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in analytical chemistry, experience in using various analytical techniques and instrumentation and be comfortable working in a laboratory setting.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s of Master’s degree in Analytical Chemistry, Physics, or a related field
- Strong background in analytical chemistry with experience in using various analytical techniques and instrumentation, such as IC, GC-MS, LC-MS, and HPLC
- Comfortable and experienced working in a laboratory setting
- Ability to gather, organize, and interpret complex experimental data
- Strategic and conceptual thinking to help guide long-term strategies
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to think orthogonally
- Strong communication and presentation skills for internal and external meetings
- Ability to collaborate cross-functionally and network (internally & externally)
- Abilities to work effectively with diverse and dynamic teams
- Ability to handle ambiguity, including the evolving objectives and approaches of an innovative company
If you are passionate about analytical chemistry research with a product development focus, have experience working in a laboratory, and have the desire to contribute to revolutionizing the way we eat, we encourage you to apply.
- Develop and optimize analytical methods for product development and R&D
- Confidently perform various sample preparation methods such as extraction and derivatization
- Conduct research projects to support business objectives
- Analyze data using statistical software and other analytical tools
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including Protein & Texture, Manufacturing and Commercialization, and Microbiology
- Participate in laboratory management activities, including maintenance of equipment, safety protocols, and inventory management
About Climax Foods:
Climax Foods is on a mission to revolutionize the way we eat.
We’re bringing together the brightest minds in data science and food science to replace animals with more efficient ways of transforming plants into the foods we love. Using sophisticated data science and machine learning methods, we are unlocking the entire plant kingdom, reaching the pinnacle of taste, texture, and nutrition.
Our team marries years of experience in inventing and productionizing cutting-edge machine learning and data science tools at companies like Google and SpaceX with operational excellence leading plant-based food companies from the early R&D stage to billion dollar valuations like Impossible Foods and JUST.
Climax Foods is backed by mission-aligned investors who bring strategic value allowing us to scale quickly to meet the urgent need for a more sustainable and safe food system, without sacrificing the culturally rich experience of delicious food.
Working at Climax Foods:
We believe in the power of data. Not only in how we are reinventing food, but also in how we work together, hire, and recruit. We put people first. The data is clear that a culture of belonging through inclusive and equitable policies, practices, and structures leads to the most innovative teams. We welcome applications from individuals from every unique background. We also believe that compensating fairly is critical to making our company sustainable, equitable, and inclusive. In addition to salary and benefits, you will also own equity in the company you are growing.
- Competitive salary
- 401(k) plan and company match!
- Premium medical and dental insurance
- Generous vacation and paid time-off policy
- Parent-friendly environment
- Lab and office facilities have been optimized for those with disabilities
- Free gym membership
- HQ in a bustling neighborhood and collaborative environment in Berkeley, CA
- Other great benefits — all driven by our continuously evolving research on creating maximally inclusive, equitable, innovative, and thriving teams