VP/Head of People and Culture
$125k - $250k
About this role:
Reporting to the CEO, the VP of People & Culture role will be responsible for building and developing the team at Climax. While we have building blocks in place, the role will permit a lot of greenfield to build this function and make your creative mark. You will own the employee experience throughout the whole lifecycle, with priorities evolving in line with the business' needs and team shape.
- Designing and driving the adoption of consistent recruiting, interviewing and hiring strategies that support a strong and positive candidate experience across all roles and levels
- Partnering with leaders within the organisation to track ongoing hiring needs of their business; defining and driving team to meet and exceed hiring benchmarks (e.g. time to fill, cost per hire, diversity hiring, and candidate satisfaction) and share best practices
- Driving the full spectrum of recruiting and selection activities including ability to source candidates through online platforms and social media.
- Managing end-to-end recruitment for junior and senior roles, from job posting to onboarding
- Proactively sourcing candidates in anticipation of Climax’s growth plans
- Identifying and partnering with external providers/agencies as required to ensure hiring needs are met
- Collaborating with hiring managers to further develop and implement a diversity/culture strategy
- Forecasting personnel needs jointly with hiring managers and adapting recruitment strategies accordingly
Culture and operations
- Codifying Climax culture, values and behaviour and their subsequent implementation into the day-to-day work
- Supporting the leadership team with guidance in organisational design and structure
- Developing, implementing, and maintaining structured practices in performance review and employee training, development, and retention
- Managing benefits selection and administration, continuously assessing evolving employee needs
- Dispute mediation and resolution
- Maintaining and adapting an equitable compensation structure
- Track record of building, leading, and mentoring a People team in a high growth environment as a Head/Director/VP People (start-up experience preferred)
- Ability to juggle competing priorities and gracefully navigate the ambiguity of a fast moving and dynamic setting
- Experience with how organisational design changes as a company grows, as well as how to optimise it for the stage of the company
- Experience in all parts of the employee lifecycle
- Experience creating and implementing a world class candidate experience during the interview process
- Experience cultivating and maintaining Climax’s strong company culture
About the job:
Climax Foods is on a mission to revolutionize the way we eat.
We’re bringing together the brightest minds from a broad range of scientific backgrounds to replace animals with more efficient ways of transforming plants into the foods we love. Using sophisticated data science and machine learning methods, we are unlocking the entire plant kingdom, reaching the pinnacle of taste, texture, and nutrition.
Our team marries years of experience in inventing and productionizing cutting-edge machine learning and data science tools at companies like Google and SpaceX with operational excellence leading plant-based food companies from the early R&D stage to billion dollar valuations like Impossible Foods and JUST.
Climax Foods is backed by mission-aligned investors who bring strategic value allowing us to scale quickly to meet the urgent need for a more sustainable and safe food system, without sacrificing the culturally rich experience of delicious food.
Working at Climax Foods:
We believe in the power of data. Not only in how we are reinventing food, but also in how we work together, hire, and recruit. We put people first. The data is clear that a culture of belonging through inclusive and equitable policies, practices, and structures leads to the most innovative teams. We welcome applications from individuals from every unique background. We also believe that compensating fairly is critical to making our company sustainable, equitable, and inclusive. In addition to salary and benefits, you will also own equity in the company you are building.
- Competitive salary
- 401(k) plan and company match!
- Premium medical and dental insurance
- Generous vacation and paid time-off policy
- Parent-friendly environment
- Lab and office facilities have been optimized for those with disabilities
- Free gym membership
- HQ in a bustling neighborhood and collaborative environment in Berkeley, CA
Other great benefits — all driven by our continuously evolving research on creating maximally inclusive, equitable, innovative, and thriving teams.