Chief of Staff
$85,000-$110,000 dependent on experience
As the Chief of Staff to Climax Foods’ CEO, you will have the unique opportunity to get involved in many aspects of a rapidly growing and well-funded food tech startup’s business. You’ll “wear many hats” and work on high-level company-wide initiatives such as business development, strategy, public relations, investor relations, and general operations. You’ll be a right-hand to the CEO who takes on anything that the company needs done – no matter how impactful or mundane the project. We’re a growing and motivated team – you’ll have an outsized impact on our success.
What You'll Do:
- Help the CEO execute the company’s highest priorities at a given time while working on longer-term projects and strategic initiatives
- Own the CEO's agenda – ensuring maximum impact in all engagements
- Manage the operational rhythm of the business: build meeting agendas, capture key insights and action items, and follow-up accordingly
- Find and resolve internal information and knowledge bottlenecks
- Maintain relationships with vendors, partners, investors, and other contacts on behalf of the company and CEO
- Prepare investor materials and assist with investor communications
- Work with the CEO to identify and partner with appropriate service providers
- Work with the Workplace Operations Manager to be the voice of the Founder & CEO for internal communications
- Provide guidance to staff on behalf of the Founder & CEO on major initiatives to ensure effective and on-schedule implementation of projects
- Work with other Leaders in the business to ensure initiatives align with the CEO
- Help keep the organization running smoothly, and enable the team to work seamlessly by ensuring access to critical supplies and equipment that accelerate our discovery for the next generation of plant-based products
- Assist in managing Climax’s public relations and developing its image
- Anticipate needs and offer solutions to problems with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality
Who You Are
- You’re an effective ‘doer’ - you know how to prioritize, be proactive, and regularly crush your to-do list with flawless execution.
- You’re ready to work at the same relentless pace and with the same fervor as Climax Food’s CEO.
- You like wearing many hats - you relish the opportunity to work on all aspects of the business, no matter the level of glamor.
- You’re ambitious, optimistic, and tenaciously curious - you have a burning desire to tackle big challenges.
- You’re affable and a collaborative team player
- 2+ years of experience managing meetings, setting agendas, and coordinating events
- Action-oriented with unlimited amounts of hustle
- Experience with managing projects, producing high-quality deliverables, and managing a packed schedule
- Excellent communication skills - you can present your ideas clearly, in writing, verbally, and visually
- Ridiculous attention to detail
- Open and highly responsive to change
- Drive to identify and solve practical problems while dealing with constantly changing situations where limited standard processes exist
- Passion for entrepreneurship and plant-based food innovation
- Authorization to work in the United States
- Ability to lift 20 lbs.
If you don’t check all of the boxes, but still think you’re the right fit for the role, let us know why. We understand that experience is acquired in many ways that may not come through on a CV. Tell us about yourself in your cover letter. We read them all.
About the job:
Climax Foods is on a mission to revolutionize the way we eat.
We’re bringing together the brightest minds from a broad range of scientific backgrounds to replace animals with more efficient ways of transforming plants into the foods we love. Using sophisticated data science and machine learning methods, we are unlocking the entire plant kingdom, reaching the pinnacle of taste, texture, and nutrition.
Our team marries years of experience in inventing and productionizing cutting-edge machine learning and data science tools at companies like Google and SpaceX with operational excellence leading plant-based food companies from the early R&D stage to billion dollar valuations like Impossible Foods and JUST.
Climax Foods is backed by mission-aligned investors who bring strategic value allowing us to scale quickly to meet the urgent need for a more sustainable and safe food system, without sacrificing the culturally rich experience of delicious food.
Working at Climax Foods:
We believe in the power of data. Not only in how we are reinventing food, but also in how we work together, hire, and recruit. We put people first. The data is clear that a culture of belonging through inclusive and equitable policies, practices, and structures leads to the most innovative teams. We welcome applications from individuals from every unique background. We also believe that compensating fairly is critical to making our company sustainable, equitable, and inclusive. In addition to salary and benefits, you will also own equity in the company you are building.
- Competitive salary
- 401(k) plan and company match!
- Premium medical and dental insurance
- Generous vacation and paid time-off policy
- Parent-friendly environment
- Lab and office facilities have been optimized for those with disabilities
- Free gym membership
- HQ in a bustling neighborhood and collaborative environment in Berkeley, CA
Other great benefits — all driven by our continuously evolving research on creating maximally inclusive, equitable, innovative, and thriving teams.