Food Scientist (I, II, and Senior levels)
About this role:
We are seeking Food Scientists of multiple levels and diverse professional and academic backgrounds. As a Food Scientist, you will be an integral part of the Climax Foods team. Your work will directly contribute to our bench-top R&D and scale-up efforts. You'll help with activities ranging from product development to validation of raw materials and equipment to process improvement. Your hands-on contributions will enhance our understanding of commercialization and propel our discovery for tastier plant-based products.
Education and Experience:
- B.S or M.S in Food Science or a related discipline with 3+ years of industry experience
- 2+ years’ product development lab experience with ability to assess product flavor, aroma and color
- Demonstrated experience with commercial processes and scale-up trials at plant and pilot plant level
- Exposure to food packaging materials and processes,
- Understanding of raw materials and supplier qualification
- Cross-functional collaboration and project management
- Excellent attention to detail with proactive problem-solving skills
- Effective planning, organization, and communication skills
- Effective written and verbal communication skills even in a fast-paced environment
- Analyze and summarize technical information
- Collaboratively work within and across groups to contribute to highly cross-functional team efforts
- Promote a positive and inclusive workplace culture
- Working with the analytical chemistry team for compound classification
- Collecting compelling data
About the job
Climax Foods is on a mission to revolutionize the way we eat.
We’re bringing together the brightest minds in data science and food science to replace animals with more efficient ways of transforming plants into the foods we love. Using sophisticated data science and machine learning methods, we are unlocking the entire plant kingdom, reaching the pinnacle of taste, texture, and nutrition.
Our team marries years of experience in inventing and productionizing cutting-edge machine learning and data science tools at companies like Google and SpaceX with operational excellence leading plant-based food companies from the early R&D stage to billion dollar valuations like Impossible Foods and JUST.
Climax Foods is backed by mission-aligned investors who bring strategic value allowing us to scale quickly to meet the urgent need for a more sustainable and safe food system, without sacrificing the culturally rich experience of delicious food.
Working at Climax Foods:
We believe in the power of data. Not only in how we are reinventing food, but also in how we work together, hire, and recruit. We put people first. The data is clear that a culture of belonging through inclusive and equitable policies, practices, and structures leads to the most innovative teams. We welcome applications from individuals from every unique background. We also believe that compensating fairly is critical to making our company sustainable, equitable, and inclusive. In addition to salary and benefits, you will also own equity in the company you are growing.
- Competitive salary
- 401(k) plan and company match!
- Premium medical and dental insurance
- Generous vacation and paid time-off policy
- Parent-friendly environment
- Lab and office facilities have been optimized for those with disabilities
- Free gym membership
- HQ in a bustling neighborhood and collaborative environment in Berkeley, CA
- Other great benefits — all driven by our continuously evolving research on creating maximally inclusive, equitable, innovative, and thriving teams