Climate Finance Solutions (CFS) is a global consultancy that helps companies and organizations secure large-scale grant funding to develop and scale their high-impact climate solutions. The CFS team has a strong track record of success, having secured over $778M in non-dilutive funding and leveraged over $100M in co-financing. CFS is mission-driven, aiming to provide equitable access to the climate funding ecosystem. It is focused on supporting high-impact, climate-related ventures, and training and growing high-potential hires to develop the next class of leaders in climate.
This position has significant growth potential, and will provide the candidate a unique opportunity to leverage their proven grant management and research skills to help develop an ambitious venture in an under-resourced part of the climate sector. As detailed below, it is important for the applicant to not only have relevant experience and a strong skillset, but also to want to be part of a business that can deliver on this potential and fulfill the vision of CFS. To that end, the applicant should be mission-driven, a self-starter, and highly capable of executing not only the day-to-day duties, but also capable of driving impactful initiatives throughout the development of the CFS enterprise.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- The Funding Research Lead (FRL) is responsible for the essential beginning stages of the grants management lifecycle, namely identification and assessment of funders and funding opportunities.
- The FRL will be the primary driver of CFS’ comprehensive Funding Ecosystem Map process, which is designed to identify the funding opportunities that have the highest probability of being successfully awarded and are most well-aligned with each individual client.
- The work requires deep engagement with and understanding of the grant and non-dilutive funding ecosystem in order to compile, analyze, and curate opportunities that support the acceleration of climate solutions.
- The FRL will review and manage the work of Funding Research Analysts across multiple simultaneous Ecosystem Mapping projects.
- The FRL may be responsible for client relationship management during the course of an individual Ecosystem Mapping project, including running meetings, requesting information, providing feedback, and delivering projects.
- The role may involve project and people management, including Funding Research Analysts.
- This position will also be responsible for supporting the development and implementation of policies, procedures, and guidelines to streamline and improve the Ecosystem Mapping process and other CFS initiatives.
- The FRL will manage crucial tools in the Ecosystem Mapping process, including databases (e.g., Airtable), project management platforms (e.g., Asana), and custom Interactive Funding Pipelines.
- At least 3 years of experience in grants identification, grant writing, and/or grant management required. Research administration and/or research compliance related to grants is accepted.
- Experience with grants substantially longer than three years and grants in the climate space is strongly preferred.
- Experience with grants in the United States is required. Additional international experience is preferred.
- At least 2-3 years of experience with quantitative or qualitative research, or other systematic investigation processes.
- Technical or science background in climate, energy, and/or life sciences, sufficient to fully comprehend and synthesize information about cutting-edge climate technologies.
- Technical and grants experience across multiple disciplines is preferred.
- Experience in or with private sector or commercial entities is strongly preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree (or international equivalent) required; graduate degree preferred. Research administration certificate preferred.
- Extraordinary attention to detail, as well as excellent writing, communication, organization, and execution skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, including the ability to write and/or speak comfortably with individuals in all roles, including executives, staff, and scientists.
- People management experience is required.
- Project management experience is required.
- Desire to learn with evidence of problem-solving, critical thinking, and time management skills.
- Ability to work on multiple deadline-driven projects while producing high-quality output.
- Database management experience preferred. High functioning and quick learning across multiple tech and software platforms required.
- At least one favorite animal purrfurred.
- Generous healthcare reimbursement program
- 401k matching
- 3 months fully paid parental leave
- Unlimited paid time off
OUR COMMITMENT TO INCLUSIVITY
Climate Finance Solutions values diversity and is committed to fostering an equitable and inclusive environment. We firmly believe that a broad range of perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences is essential for addressing the complex challenges of climate change. We promote climate and social justice through our climate projects and within our own team. We especially encourage members of traditionally underrepresented communities––including women/non-male folks, people of color, LGBTQ+ people, veterans, indigenous people, and people with disabilities––to apply to positions within the company. CFS is a member company of Empowering Diversity in Clean Tech (EDICT).
COMPENSATION: $80,000-110,000 per year, commensurate with experience