Climate Finance Solutions (CFS) is a global consultancy that helps companies and organizations secure large-scale grant funding to develop and scale their high-impact climate solutions. The CFS team has a strong track record of success, having secured over $800 million in grant funding for its clients. CFS is mission-driven, aiming to provide equitable access to the climate funding ecosystem. It is focused on supporting high-impact, climate-related ventures, and training and growing high-potential hires to develop the next class of leaders in climate.
As a Grants Project Manager, you will play a vital role in the successful administration and development of grants within our organization. You will be responsible for overseeing the entire grant application process, from client kick-off to application submission. This role requires strong project management skills, a basic understanding of federal funding agencies (DOE, USDA, EPA, NSF, and ARPA-E), attention to detail, and the ability to collaborate effectively with internal and external stakeholders to ensure the fulfillment of project objectives.
Grant Application and Review:
- Lead the preparation and submission of grant applications, ensuring compliance with all agency requirements and deadlines.
- Serve as the primary point of contact between our CFS team and the client/partners.
- Develop project internal timelines and milestones based on solicitation requirements.
- Create and assign project tasks to appropriate team members.
- Manage client expectations by setting “go” and “no-go” points.
- Provide weekly status updates on project status and pending action items.
- Provide clear direction and leadership to the writing team assigned to you.
- Set goals and objectives for the team and individual team members.
- Foster a positive and collaborative team culture.
- Check-in on available capacity from the team for project forecasting.
- Maintain open and effective communication channels within the team.
- Communicate project updates, expectations, and changes to team members.
- Act as a liaison between the writing team and upper management.
- Communicate team information requests to client.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field (e.g., business administration, public administration, nonprofit management).
- Proven experience in grant development (pre-award), project management, or a related field.
- Strong knowledge of grant compliance and regulations requirements (2CFR200).
- Experience working with government grants, foundations, or corporate donors.
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in using project management tool Asana.
- Proficiency in using GSuite.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Detail-oriented with strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Commitment to the organization's mission and values.
- Master's degree in a related field.
- Certification in project management (e.g., PMP).
- Previous supervisory experience.
OUR COMMITMENT TO INCLUSIVITY
Climate Finance Solutions values diversity and is committed to fostering an equitable and inclusive environment. We firmly believe that a broad range of perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences is essential for addressing the complex challenges of climate change. We promote climate and social justice through our climate projects and within our own team. We especially encourage members of traditionally underrepresented communities––including women/non-male folks, people of color, LGBTQ+ people, veterans, indigenous people, and people with disabilities––to apply to positions within the company. CFS is a member company of Empowering Diversity in Clean Tech (EDICT).
COMPENSATION: $75 - 100 per hour, commensurate with experience
Position Type: Contractor