Climate Finance Solutions (CFS) is a global consultancy that helps companies and organizations secure large-scale grant funding to develop and scale their high-impact climate solutions. The CFS team has a strong track record of success, having secured over $778M in non-dilutive funding and leveraged over $100M in co-financing. CFS is mission-driven, aiming to provide equitable access to the climate funding ecosystem. It is focused on supporting high-impact, climate-related ventures, and training and growing high-potential hires to develop the next class of leaders in climate.
This position has significant growth potential, and will provide the candidate a unique opportunity to leverage their proven grant writing and management skills to help develop an ambitious venture in an under-resourced part of the climate industry. As detailed below, it is important for the applicant to not only have relevant experience and a strong skillset, but also to want to be part of a business that can deliver on this potential and fulfill the vision of CFS. To that end, the applicant should be mission-driven, a self-starter, and highly capable of executing not only the day-to-day duties, but also capable of driving impactful initiatives throughout the development of the CFS enterprise. In addition to traditional grant-writing duties, CFS is seeking a candidate who can proactively work with clients to refine projects and business strategies to increase likelihood of funding and overall success.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with senior staff, funding director, other grant writers, and the administrative team to bring high-quality proposals through the entire development process: opportunity identification, assessment, cultivation, development, preparation, and submission.
- Support multiple projects simultaneously.
- Synthesize complex and diverse information streams to generate proposals, budgets, and supporting documents in response to funding opportunities and in comportment with client requirements.
- Carry out external research, including from peer-reviewed sources, and gather internal data to provide content for proposals, while striving to continuously build an extensive knowledge base and skillset.
- Advise clients regarding project development, commercialization planning, business development, fundraising strategies, and organizational development in order to maximize funding opportunities.
- Liaise with external partners to obtain information, develop projects, and cultivate relationships.
- Create and maintain an organized content library and development process, while seeking out ways to improve efficiency and quality throughout the organization.
- Bachelor’s degree (or international equivalent) required; BA or BS in scientific/technical field or English/writing preferred. Priority given to applicants with graduate degrees.
- Fluency in English required.
- Must have a minimum of six years of experience in a similar role e.g., grant writing, technical writing, or long-form reporting. Candidates with specific grant writing experience are strongly preferred.
- Advanced degree and/or extraordinary writing ability may reduce the length of similar experience required.
- Scientific and/or technical knowledge will be necessary to adequately engage the climate and technical subject areas.
- Good oral and written communication skills for working cooperatively with internal teams, clients, and external partners.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office and G Suite, and have the ability to understand and utilize spreadsheet equations.
- Must have a proven record of maintaining schedules and hitting deadlines.
- Must be able to work independently and be self-motivated, while thriving in a startup company culture and fast-paced work environment.
- Cogent, compelling, and organized writing style, as well as outstanding grammar and research skills.
- Must have the equipment, technical ability, flexibility, and temperament required to work fully remotely with intercontinental teams and clients.
- Must be mission-driven and have a clear understanding of the importance of quickly and effectively addressing the climate crisis.
OUR COMMITMENT TO INCLUSIVITY
Climate Finance Solutions values diversity and is committed to fostering an equitable and inclusive environment. We firmly believe that a broad range of perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences is essential for addressing the complex challenges of climate change. We promote climate and social justice through our climate projects and within our own team. We especially encourage members of traditionally underrepresented communities––including women/non-male folks, people of color, LGBTQ+ people, veterans, indigenous people, and people with disabilities––to apply to positions within the company. CFS is a member company of Empowering Diversity in Clean Tech (EDICT).
Compensation: $70 - 110 per hour, commensurate with experience