A DIFFERENT KIND OF…
“We’re working to run a different kind of company. The kind of place we’d want to work, that makes the kind of food we’d like to eat, and that strives for a healthier, more sustainable world –the kind of world we’d like to pass on to our children.” – Kit Crawford, Co-Founder
Guided by our innovative business model & the Five Aspirations – Sustaining our Business, Brands, People, Community & Planet – we believe that food provides health, joy and energy to do the things we love. Working at Clif Bar is a chance to make impactful changes. To your career. To your community. To your planet. And, to your life!
The Applied Technology & Insights team is looking for a Category Leadership Manager
Position Objectives & Primary Responsibilities
- Lead insights generation for Amazon and Omnichannel CPG businesses to deliver useful information that impacts internal decisions as well as go-to-market strategies
- Recognize and understand business issues to anticipate stakeholder needs; gather and analyze appropriate data and communicate insights for internal and external application
- Collaborate cross functionally in the execution of space management programs, assortment optimization, pricing & promotion recommendations as well as retailer relationship management
- Develop integrated category selling presentations by utilizing shopper trends, retail data, category insights and marketplace understanding
- Establish yourself as the go-to category leadership resource for the online channel and key retailers
- Partner with Business Development and Sales Strategy to address business opportunities and elevate insights integration for our brand tactics and strategies
- Present and share insights through inspirational storytelling to influence internal/external opinions as well as decisions
- Contribute to the account planning process through Key Learnings analyses and insights generation, as well as participation in retailer specific planning sessions
- Proven analytical and creative problem-solving skills relative to the online selling market space
- Advanced technical capabilities in Excel, Power BI, IRI/SPINS/Stackline and PowerPoint
- Pull & analyze data for insights to translate into presentation decks
- Leverage tools and technology for efficiency and impact
- Strong verbal and written communication, work planning and organization skills
- Effective collaborator who can create strong relationships with cross functional partners and retailers
- Impactful presentation skills to clearly communicate with cross functional, internal teams as well as with retailers
- Demonstrate a growth mindset with creative and proactive approaches to work
- Approach interactions with an open-minded, flexible style
- Inspire and motivate self as well as others
- Lead, influence and negotiate to build relationships
Most importantly, you take yourself lightly and your work seriously. And…bring your best self to work every day!
At Clif Bar, the journey has always been more important than the destination. HOW we get things done is as important as WHAT gets done, and our Ingredients (CREATE, INSPIRE, CONNECT, OWN IT, BE YOURSELF) remind us of just that. We challenge and celebrate one another, we help to balance each other’s’ lives, and we value laughter and fun as integral qualities in our workplace.
We value diversity and celebrate our people being their most authentic selves. We believe that an inclusive, diverse, and equitable workplace makes us more innovative, effective, and resilient. We welcome people from all backgrounds, races, ethnicities, cultures, gender identifications, sexual orientations, religions, national origins, and all the other individual characteristics that truly make us a different kind of company! Clif Bar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We’ve created an environment where we all can grow and succeed both personally and professionally, that inspires and supports our people inside and outside of work.
We sustain our people with competitive pay, comprehensive paid time off and company matching on 401k contributions. Employees can opt for a flexible work schedule and are encouraged to participate in volunteer opportunities during the workday. Additionally, our people enjoy a paid sabbatical program and sustainability benefits including a commute incentive program. We also provide innovative benefits and holistic wellness offerings including an onsite fitness center (currently closed), personal trainers, paid workout time, as well as concierge services such as life coaching, acupuncture, chiropractic, massage therapy, and organic produce delivery. For family wellbeing, we offer parental and family leave, an onsite childcare center, and an adoption assistance program to help cover related expenses. In 2010, Kit & Gary implemented an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) recognizing employees’ roles in helping build our business. We have been named best place to work by Outside and Fortune Magazines, and did we mention every day is bring your dog to work day? Ruff life.
Pre-employment reference checks and drug-screening are required for certain positions.